Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #841
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Should you turn your series into an omnibus? I did shortly after finishing the series. I've come to the conclusion it was a mistake. Here's why: http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2012/08/...h-omnibus.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #842
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thoughts on Rebellion *head nod to Caleb*
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #843
JSC_1
Enthusiast
JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!JSC_1 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
I have an interesting interview on my blog of the first person to build a personal SETI station. Even if you're not interested in science, or the search for ET, you'll enjoy it!

http://jscolley.wordpress.com/2012/0...-intelligence/
JSC_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #844
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC_1 View Post
I have an interesting interview on my blog of the first person to build a personal SETI station. Even if you're not interested in science, or the search for ET, you'll enjoy it!

http://jscolley.wordpress.com/2012/0...-intelligence/
Fascinating. This man, James Brown, built his own computer (perhaps the first ever built by a single individual), then because he "understood how microwave receivers worked" decided to create a personal SETI station. I wonder what the odds his personal station would be the one to detect the first signals from an extraterrestrial civilization, being as so many other more powerful radio telescopes have been and are being employed? Even the smallest possibility is enough to make a person want to take a trip to their local electronics supply store and make a stab at creating their own.

Thanks for that interview.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #845
KonaCoffeeBuzz
Kobo Monster
KonaCoffeeBuzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
My Kobo eReader Buying Guide: it has reviews of all the major Kobo eReaders as well as tips and advice for getting the most out of your ereader. I also stack it against the Kindles to see how they match up.

Buy a Kobo eReader
KonaCoffeeBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #846
inspiredromance
inspiredromance began at the beginning.

Talking Celebration Event! Enter to win a Kindle!

Join us in celebrating!

After a great first year in publishing sweet and inspirational romance, Inspired Romance Novels has expanded! Inspired Romance Novels will now be an imprint of Prism Book Group. A new look, new fiction lines, and more new releases every month–but always quality, wholesome fiction!

Prism is hosting its grand opening Aug 22nd through 31st. All ebooks will be discounted 50% off, plus Prism authors will be blogging, sharing a FREE short story entitled After the Storm, and giving away prizes--including a Kindle! Aspiring authors can attend Prism's online pitch session and speak directly with editors about their book.

To purchase your discounted books or to download Lightning Strikes, a free short story, simply visit www.prismbookgroup.com and use code sale50 in our shopping cart.

To follow our celebration events, including our free short story, After the Storm, and to learn more about to enter to win the Kindle, visit www.prismbookgroup.com/blog.
inspiredromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #847
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This month my blog featured a bit of Flash-Fiction done by yours truly for a contest on IO9.com... enjoy Little Earth!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #848
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Golden Stories for mobile phones and tablets

Despite their age, I still find many old stories interesting to read. I particularly like drawings in children stories such as Mother Goose. They are just beautiful. So, I've developed a portal called Golden Stories to host children and general stories taken from Project Gutenberg.

All stories are optimized for mobile phones and tablets with fast loading (e.g. Google's Mobile PageSpeed Score of 97 out of 100).

Pictures are provided in two widths: 240 pixels for mobile phones and 480 pixels for tablets. Audio and video are included if they are available. The ideal goal is to be able to watch, listen to, or read stories from mobile devices.

I also use a web technique called manifest in the design to enable a story to be downloaded automatically, if permitted, to mobile devices for offline reading.

Enjoy reading.

Last edited by StoryEnthusiast; 08-31-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: simplified
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #849
BombayMixx
BombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toys

Hello everyone,

I am a Women's Fiction author and I have set up a monthly blog called, "The Bombay Mixx Blog".

This blog is designed to keep my readers updated with all that goes on in the Bombay Mixx World, complete with FREE Chick Lit Short Stories.

The Bombay Mixx Blog - http://bombaymixx.blogspot.co.uk/

Many thanks
BombayMixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #850
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The end of August is here. If you would like your book cover posted to the homepage of http://www.bookbarista.com for the month of September (FREE) then contact us at contact@bookbarista.com

First come, first serve! As always... limited space available.

Market your work. No one else will.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #851
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Thumbs up Labor of Love Promotion - 17 Books at 99 Cents!

4 Days - 11 Genres - 17 Books - 99-Cent Kindle Books! Check it out! Sale ends tomorrow!

Although these books are Kindle novels, many of them are reduced in other venues (Nook, Kobo, iBooks).

http://donnafasano.blogspot.com/2012...love-sale.html

DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #852
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I decided to share another poem (because I'm cruel) If you like poetry, I recommend NOT reading it. http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2012/09/...auty-poem.html

It's called "The Eternal War of Beauty" and is about sunrises and sunsets.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #853
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've read a couple of good indie books in the last two weeks:

The first is an adrenalin-fuelled flight across Britain from a cruel government. The Tube Riders is a look at a bleak possible future through the eyes of a gang of misfit kids. The book is definitely adult reading.

Review: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/0...by-chris-ward/

The second is a young adult, science fiction conspiracy novel on a remote island where kids are being treated in revolutionary new program.

Review: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/0...ony-bertauski/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #854
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pretty gift for people who like my novels

The details are here, at An Author's Place.

http://anauthorsplace.weebly.com/book-giveaway.html

Thanks for looking,
Pam
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #855
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Golden Stories for mobile phones and tablets

In the past 30 days, I've added 5 children stories and 7 general stories to the site.

If you are interested in Chinese fairy tales, try 'The Chinese Fairy Book'. In the general story section, I like 'A Vista In Central Park' by Brander Matthews. It's a very short story about the encounter of a rich but childless couple with a poor but large family during an accident in the park.

In the Best picks of the month, I like 'The Sleeping Beauty Picture Book' for its many exquisite drawings. I also like 'The Moneychangers' which is a story about greed and craze of money changers set in the backdrop of the Panic of 1907 on Wall Street

Last edited by StoryEnthusiast; 09-05-2012 at 04:32 PM.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing