Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-23-2024, 01:38 PM   #1
kait17
kait17 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Relocate book files sent to Kobo Clara 2E with Calibre

Hi,

I recently updated the save template for files sent to my Kobo using Calibre. Previously they were just sent to /{author_sort}, but now I am sending them to books/{author_sort}. This is working great for new books I am sending to my device.

Is there a way to update the file location of older pre-existing books on my device? I tried just dragging and dropping them via Finder, but discovered that made an entirely "new" version of the book on my device without the annotations etc. that were associated with the book. Is there another way to move these older books into my new books directory without duplicating them?

Thanks in advance for any help.
kait17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 01:45 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kait17 View Post
Hi,

I recently updated the save template for files sent to my Kobo using Calibre. Previously they were just sent to /{author_sort}, but now I am sending them to books/{author_sort}. This is working great for new books I am sending to my device.

Is there a way to update the file location of older pre-existing books on my device? I tried just dragging and dropping them via Finder, but discovered that made an entirely "new" version of the book on my device without the annotations etc. that were associated with the book. Is there another way to move these older books into my new books directory without duplicating them?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Delete the lot and resend them. That all you can do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 01:57 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not really.
Kobo treats all newly found books as NEW.

But why the fuss: leave those were the lay...
or are you one that keeps finished books ON THE DEVICE forever?
(I delete them as soon as I log the date done in Calibre. I did not want intermediate status so I do not use the KU plugin for that task)
YMMV as to procedure
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 01:04 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Before he passed, I asked davidfor (who has a lot of knowledge about the Kobo database) about whether it was possible to do this. I don't remember the exact details, but basically it was just very impractical and prone to breakage. Delete and re-send is the best you can do.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote