Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 02:24 AM   #61
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
Hi Mark, how can i enlarge the skins to view the bottom buttons? because i see from 1 to 0.

thanks
Hi Victor,

at the moment the Sim requires this:
Prerequisite: a vertical screen-resolution equal or better then 1024 px.

I assume you are using a screen with lower resolution.
Unfortunately I havn't adapted the eBookSimMain.xml to a resolution of 1280x800 by now.

So the task is not to enlarge the skin, but to shrink it to fit the vertical resolution.
Maybe you can enable a kind of virtual desktop with a higher resolution then the physical?

Anyway, Wednesday is a holiday in Austria, and the weather-forecast is bad, so I will have time to work on this.

PS: Victor there is no need to quote the full article if posting right under, a quick reply will do.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 12-06-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #62
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Mark, how can i test the different scripts made by Kartu, in this emulator (bookfolders, clock, etc? how does testapp work, because once it's run the application holds?

thanks

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 12-06-2010 at 11:39 AM.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #63
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Mark, how can i test the different scripts made by Kartu, in this emulator (bookfolders, clock, etc)?
You can't.
As the title reads "FSK Test-Environment for Autorun Applications under MS-Windows". This Sim offers access to the FSK-framework as used by autorun-apps (and used by kbook.so on the PRS-Readers)
Kartu does his magic within the code of kbook.so = the main programm of the e-reader, which isn't available outside the device.
Kartus scripts can only be tested on the device.
BTW: You can use and append the not kbook related Core-functions of PRS+.
Quote:
how does testapp work, because once it's run the application holds
It is what it is named. A additional app I set up to test some aspects of FSK.
In the moment it primary holds test-code for a native FSK-menu (as later used in Sudoku) yet without the neccessary loop-breaking code. So the Sim is cut off all input after menu:Exit - Quit, but not frozen! You can close the Sim via windows-task-bar rigth-click close.
If the Sim is really frozen, you have to KILL it with KILL-FSK.BAT.
HTH
Mark

Last edited by Mark Nord; 12-06-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #64
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Modified eBookSim.xml for a screen-resolution of 800 lines

There are two ways of using it:
  1. replace the current eBookSimMain.xml with the attached one while renaming it from eBookSimMain800.xml to eBookSimMain.xml
  2. Change this line in eBookSim.xml
    Quote:
    <document href="[applicationPath]eBookSim/scripts/eBookSimMain.xml"/>
    to
    Code:
    <document href="[applicationPath]eBookSim/scripts/eBookSimMain800.xml"/>
If you are using a lower resoltion you can shift the skin further up by changing this line in eBookSimMain800.xml
Code:
 <panel id="MAIN" skin="panel" visible="true" left="0" right="0" top="-37" bottom="0">
but you will cut of part of the top permanently. As the application window cant be "pulled" greater then the actual screen-res.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	62477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	62478  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eBookSimMain800.xml (23.2 KB, 473 views)
Old 12-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #65
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Mard thanks for modify the xml to use in 800 pixels screen.
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #66
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New game to try: Five In A Row

Hi Mark and others,

I've finished the first draft of my game for the PRS test environment. It works in both Touch and non-Touch (although it is far easier to use in Touch mode!) Hope people enjoy it!

If you discover any problems, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Ben.

P.S. Kartu, I would be very happy for you to include this in PRS+! I actually spent the last few days programming this game as a thank-you to you for all your work on PRS+. I am really enjoying it on my 600!

EDIT: Attachment removed. The updated version is available in post #77 of this thread (located on page 6).

UPDATE: Latest version now found in post #145.

Last edited by BenChen; 02-10-2011 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Zip file moved to post #145
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #67
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
New game to try: Five In A Row
Wow!
Works like a charm!
And it is not the first piece of JS-code you are doing, I assume.
Will try on the PRS-505 ASAP.
Startup-Code for PRS+ v2.0.x attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	62544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild2.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	62545  
Attached Files
File Type: zip FiveRow_StarterCode.zip (557 Bytes, 175 views)
Old 12-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #68
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the encouragement! Actually, it was my first time programming in Java Script ever. I'm a Visual Basic guy from way back... But having some examples to follow made it easier! (Thanks to the author of Fiveballs for some of the framework of the code, and I was also spending quite a while looking at kartu's Touch modifications to the Sudoku game, especially the menus.) But the computer's moves code is all mine - based on an old VB game I wrote more than a decade ago!
I hope it actually works on the PRS-models. I never tried it on my 600 - not really sure how to slip it into PRS+ and have it appear in menus, etc... So having the test environment was essential. Thanks for putting your time into developing that!
Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #69
VICTORSJG
Addict

BenChen, i've tested the game, but when i'm playing i don't see a mark to know where the cursor is. is it posible to implement in the code this?

In mode touchscreen, when i click on the screen, nothing happens.

thanks

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 12-09-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #70
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Are you using the latest version of the Test Environment? I don't know if that would make a difference. On my computer, when you click a square with the mouse, your X just appears.

There is a cursor in non-Touch mode, however.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #71
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Hi Mark,
I just loaded Five In A Row onto my 600 (using a custom built PRS+ installer) and the game works fine. Perhaps the buttons are a bit on the small side (I guess there is always the stylus), but it was still very playable. I'm really happy! Much thanks to you and Kartu!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #72
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

@ VICTORSJG

startcode in "eBookSimMain800.xml" <function id="setView" params="app"> should look like this:
Code:
	 case "Fiverow" : {
			kbook.autoRunRoot.getSoValue = _Core.system.getSoValue;
			kbook.autoRunRoot.hasNumericButtons = _Core.config.compat.hasNumericButtons;
			this.MAIN.EINK.VIEW.setURI("../addons/Fiverow/fiverow.xml");				
			break;
	}
Old 12-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #73
VICTORSJG
Addict

Mark now it's ok, the mark appears when i move the cursor, i had forgotten incluide in the scripts the numerics buttons.

Thanks

is it posible to install this game in prs 1.3 for prs 505?

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 12-09-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #74
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Hi Mark,
I just loaded Five In A Row onto my 600 (using a custom built PRS+ installer) and the game works fine.
Perfect!
I was just to point you to the PRS+ beta-test feature.

If PRS+ code is present on SD-Card in a place specified in kconfig.xml [prspBetaStartupFile], PRS+ will start from the card and not out of the firmware.

Unfortunately I can't extract the PRS+600 Base image. (Error: superblock magic not found) and kconfig.xml for the 600 isn't included in the repository, so you have to find out on your own.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #75
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Quote:
is it posible to install this game in prs 1.3 for prs 505?
I assume so, but can't test because my reader shows a nasty IM corruption, so I will have to recover this first.

The startscript is pretty much the same as the one I posted in #67 with this modifications to function activate:
Code:
activate: function () {
	kbook.autoRunRoot.getSoValue = Core.system.getSoValue;
	kbook.autoRunRoot.hasNumericButtons = true;

kbook.autoRunRoot.path = Core.config.addonsPath + "Fiverow/fiverow.xml";
	kbook.autoRunRoot.enterIf(kbook.model);
		},