Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-18-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
dreadnought
Sony Reader owner wannabe
dreadnought began at the beginning.

Device: Archos PMA400
Panasonic Sigma Book?

Just stumbled across this while browsing some Japanese gadget sites.

http://www.japan-direct.com/cartitem.asp?prodid=557

Does anyone know anything about this? I kind of like the fact that it has two pages like a real book.
dreadnought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:36 AM   #2
drachasor
Connoisseur
drachasor began at the beginning.

looks like an LCD screen of some sort.
drachasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2006, 04:06 AM   #3
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
But sounds like e-ink

"Read the screen easily - even in bright sunlight with the digital paper it uses."

But you are right the photos "smell" like LCD ...
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #4
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
The panasonic SigmaBook uses Cholesteric LCD. It's just a monochrome LCD display that retains it contents while is powered off.
So it has the power saving fetures of e-ink, but lacks its contrast and "paperlikeness". It's the same technology as the one referenced in
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...?threadid=6745
Not as interesting as the Jinke V2/V8, Sony Reader or the iRex...

By the way, this is my first post in Mobileread. Hi all :-).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
welcome!

and thanks for the info.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2006, 11:31 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
By the way, this is my first post in Mobileread. Hi all :-).
Well, you're clearly a person who knows how to make an entrance!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #7
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
I got one but I can not see how to crack into it, I opened it and it is a Panasonic chip, and no idea about the software. If at least I were able to dump pdf into it...
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote