Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Nice, the Amazon Stock cover

Cool, this arrived two days early! I like the stock Amazon leather cover ($29.99). Snaps into the slots on the left and folds back out of the way for one handed reading. My Mighty bright light kept sliding off the new K2 but now I can clip it on the folded back part of the cover and it stays put! Plus, when the might bright light is attached, it elevates the e-book a nice height when on a table top for easy hands free reading. Notice how the cover just "disappears" when the cover is folded back. Nice!
Now if we could just get a pink one to go with the pink Kindle from Stephen King's book, UR!

Last edited by MsAstoria; 02-26-2009 at 04:00 PM.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I agree. It's a nice cover and the price is good.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Looks like quite an improvement over the cover supplied with the K1.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Yeah, I'm really happy with it, too. Very simple and sleek and it won't fall out!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
I am not crazy about the logo on the front, or the color, or lack there of. However, it does sound like an improvement over the previous cover.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
Starhawk
Enthusiast
Starhawk began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2; Amazon 1 (returned in ancticipation of 2)
Could someone measure the dimensions of the thing with a K2 installed? I want to compare it with dimensions that I'm going to ask from M-edge's new Prodigy K2 covers (with the hinge...)...

I want a cover...and these are the leading contenders in my head (they're the only ones with the little hinge clips...).

Desertgrandma: do you feel like maybe you'd want a strap to hold the cover closed, or that you wish there were a way to secure the kindle against the back cover of the cover? Those are the main distinguising points in my head between the Amazon and the M-edge covers. The M-edge one has pockets on the inside, but that's not that important to me...just more places for me to stuff stuff that I probably don't need to keep.
:-P
Starhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
pippin65
Enthusiast
pippin65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
I love the amazon cover. I had pre-purchased the oberon k2 cover but have since canceled it. The k2 is wonderful...
pippin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
astromusic
astromusic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I can add my name to the list of satisfied users. Another nice "bonus" for me is that it makes it look like an appointment book, so I don't get any funny looks when it is sitting around my desk at work ;-)

Last edited by astromusic; 03-02-2009 at 06:57 PM.
astromusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #9
BobLenx
Connoisseur
BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony505 K2 K3
Agree. Ordered my Kindle-2 with the stock cover from Amazon and it works fine and dandy. Easy to handle and it covers/proects the Kindle screen. The new locking system keeps it in place - no sliding around.
BobLenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #10
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
It looks good but what about the smell? I noticed the smell when I took mine out of the shipping box tonight. I'm letting it lay around awhile before I put my Kindle in it. I usually like the smell of leather, but this is something else entirely......
Kathy
kjn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #11
AuPhinger
Aficionado
AuPhinger began at the beginning.

Device: Rags to Riches - K1, K2, 500
OK, I just received mine; when I put my nose right too it, yes, the odor is HIGH!! I will just about guarentee this is simply a glue/adhesive odor from manufacture, and that it will dissipate rather quickly once it is left exposed to the atmosphere.

Other than this, I agree---it seems to be a nice $30 cover; I REALLY like the hinge.

YMMV!!

Last edited by AuPhinger; 03-03-2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: spell check
AuPhinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
meglet
Enthusiast
meglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't littermeglet doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjn24 View Post
It looks good but what about the smell? I noticed the smell when I took mine out of the shipping box tonight. I'm letting it lay around awhile before I put my Kindle in it. I usually like the smell of leather, but this is something else entirely......
Kathy
Kathy,

I got my Amazon cover on Saturday. I didn't notice the smell until someone mentioned it but now, I can only smell it if I stick my nose in the cover.

You're right that it most certainly doesn't smell like leather, but it seems like it should go away in a couple days.

Meghan.
meglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #13
kkun
kkun began at the beginning.

I got the cover with my new K2. It does have a smell... like a new car smell =P
kkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by astromusic View Post
I can add my name to the list of satisfied users. Another nice "bonus" for me is that it makes it look like an appointment book, so I don't get any funny looks when it is sitting around my desk at work ;-)
You make a good point, there! Camoflage can be a good thing.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #15
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
You make a good point, there! Camoflage can be a good thing.
That's why I'm looking forward to getting the Oberon cover. I am also going to get a Journal and Calendar cover for work. Having them together often I am hoping will keep suspicion away.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote