Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Stupid Kindle Owner Tricks

Two things we've done recently:

1. The Kindle screen was blank! I couldn't get it to power up, not even after I'd reset it! I was feeling desperate, and then I noticed the switch in the "off" position, which I rarely use anymore, just let it "sleep."

Duh.

2. The spouse was reading last night and started to laugh - it was a regular paperback, and he'd found himself pressing the lower right corner of the right-hand page to get the page to turn.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSo View Post
2. The spouse was reading last night and started to laugh - it was a regular paperback, and he'd found himself pressing the lower right corner of the right-hand page to get the page to turn.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I was reading at a rather sloppy fast food place (a mistake) and I dropped taco sauce on my Kindle's keyboard. A paper napkin and my eyeglass cleaning kit cleaned it up quickly, but either the acidity of the sauce, or my enthusiastic rubbing took some of the whitness off the keyboard. The left side is more than a few shades darker than the right. I still sort of notice it, but the keyboard works fine, thankfully.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Hey WHO you calling Stupid????

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSo View Post
That is soooo funny! Not that I've done that or anything... :rolleyes:
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert