Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 09:40 AM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
I find that true for some books; even created a "not finished-disliked" category for them in Goodreads. But I'd like to finish certain other books, such as anthologies or textbooks I've read selections or certain chapters of, that left me wanting to read more.
I've got two books that I started in October and half way through but it just didn't fit the theme of the Season so I put them aside to read more happy books. I am known to start a book lose interests due to something and go back months later and finish it.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:46 AM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Happy New Year everyone.

I also will try not to buy a lot of books. I already own so many and I said that last year around this time. I have Scribd, library and owned books. I have to work my way through that pile.
I will try not to buy too many books either right now not too many new ones that catch my eye. I think Romance has gone in direction that currently does not appeal to me so it will be backlists buys for me if any this year. I am going to be super picky this year on my buys. No more autobuys except for the Plum and Wicked novels. Oh and If the next Cat DeLuca ever gets released I am in.

This is hard to say when I see a 99 cents book maybe the rules wont apply if it's something I think I will really want to read.
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #33
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You've never started a book that was good but you wasn't in the mood for it at the time to finish it? I have a list of these types books. I need to finish.
Not that I can recall, no.

A book can be good in the sense that it is well written, with realistically crafted characters and good narrative pacing, without being enjoyable and entertaining to read. Those books I rarely finish and I don't go back to them later either. However, if a book is good in the sense that it keeps my attention and makes me want to keep reading, then I keep reading until the book ends.

I read fiction because I want to be entertained, and if a book fails to do that I dismiss it as not worthy of my time, and I move on to one that does entertain me.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #34
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Not that I can recall, no.

A book can be good in the sense that it is well written, with realistically crafted characters and good narrative pacing, without being enjoyable and entertaining to read. Those books I rarely finish and I don't go back to them later either. However, if a book is good in the sense that it keeps my attention and makes me want to keep reading, then I keep reading until the book ends.

I read fiction because I want to be entertained, and if a book fails to do that I dismiss it as not worthy of my time, and I move on to one that does entertain me.
I totally agree with you (there're some special exceptions, when I'm not in the mood of reading aside of my favorites, but not usually)
Old 01-04-2015, 03:06 PM   #35
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is the report of my last weeks (I haven't reported in a bit )

* Purchased

Click image for larger version

Name:	Comprados_20141124.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	133302

* Read

Name:	Leidos_20141221.JPG
Views:	359
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	133300

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 01-04-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #36
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You've never started a book that was good but you wasn't in the mood for it at the time to finish it? I have a list of these types books. I need to finish.
I've done this at times, but oddly more back when I read in print than since I went mainly digital. I've had some books I set aside sit in my TBR for a year or more. Then I finally read them and a few are now favorites.

One book I can recall doing this with in digital was Jill Shalvis' second Lucky Harbor book, The Sweetest Thing. I started that book six or seven times between the time I purchased it (7 June 2012) to when I finally finsihed it (24 Jan 2014). The book has such a slow beginning. But I ended up really liking the h/h.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #37
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

A Rather slow reading week for me.
Read:
  • All She Wants for Christmas by Crystal Jordan (B-/3 stars)
  • Asher's Invention (Asher Quigley #1) by Coleen Kwan (B/4 stars)
  • Asher's Dilemma (Asher Quigley #2) by Coleen Kwan (B-/3 stars)
  • Time Raiders: The Healer’s Passion (Time Raiders #7) by Parker Blue (C/2 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 1-4.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	133301  
Old 01-04-2015, 04:22 PM   #38
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, @library addict. Because of your post, I've seen I had wrong tagged 11, that I've purchased it too.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #39
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Kissing in the Dark (Grayson Brothers #4) by Wendy Lindstrom is FREE at Amazon today. Originally published in 2005 by Leisure/Dorchester.

http://smile.amazon.com/Kissing-Dark...endy+lindstrom
Old 01-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #40
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Warning to Blossom: do not go out of your house. I do not know where I picked this up but I have a sinus infection turned bronchitis. I got to the doctor before it turned in pneumonia but dang I am never sick this much. Sick twice in less than 90 days. UGH!

I have been going to the gym with my parents since early December so I might of gotten something their or hubby could of brought it home since he was sick first, but it could of come from my nieces who are always sick.

Just be on the safe side and wear a medical mask & gloves carry lots of hand sanitizer if you leave the house.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:16 AM   #41
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i carry alcohol wipes, and use them every time i touch money, shopping carts, equipment at the gym, etc. i used to get sick at least 6x per year (often more like 8 or so) and now only maybe twice.

feel better soon, KyBunnies, and everyone else stay well if you can!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:05 AM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Warning to Blossom: do not go out of your house. I do not know where I picked this up but I have a sinus infection turned bronchitis. I got to the doctor before it turned in pneumonia but dang I am never sick this much. Sick twice in less than 90 days. UGH!

I have been going to the gym with my parents since early December so I might of gotten something their or hubby could of brought it home since he was sick first, but it could of come from my nieces who are always sick.

Just be on the safe side and wear a medical mask & gloves carry lots of hand sanitizer if you leave the house.
Oh you poor thing! Get better! *hugs* I wonder if that is what I had for 3 weeks. It was awful. I use Sinex and Nasal rinses, Mucinex and Motrin. I am still fighting to get my sinuses from gunking up since it hit me last month. I never thought that fever would go away.

Right now three days ago hubby left his steel toe boots in the middle of the hallway and I tripped on them reinjuring the same toes and foot I was dealing with the same time last year. I was on crutches a few days but now I am just able to walk on it for bits of a time as long as I wear shoes. My poor pinky toe can't take much more abuse. Hubby didn't even say he was sorry but denied putting them there and blamed the cats.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:18 AM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Checking In:

I read The Baby and The Bodyguard by Jule McBride (2 Stars) I had problems with the writing. I usually love her books but this one didn't flow well and it seems to be all over the place. Her usually humor was missing. I am still wondering how she could have wrote this. I also felt the last love scene was put in the most inappropriate time. It made me disgusted.

I am reading Code Name: Santa by Kayla Daniels. After finishing the book above I thought I would just read the first page and the next thing I knew I was five chapters into the book wanting more. The writing flows well and the story just grabs you. I've already like the h/h so will finish this one.

I didn't buy any books.

Today is the last day of Christmas and I am making a Epiphany cake. I made more Sugar cookies at hubbies request. Oh I figure out a sure way to get those cookies out without losing their shape. He told me he likes his mother's better. I told him his mother's cookies taste terrible and I am not making those. To me they taste like pie crust with icing on top. Bleh. I up the sugar this time and I think it really help the recipe I use. I still plan to make more Rice Krispies treats as the first batch didn't last a day. Some peanut butter cookies and then I will retire my baking hat till the next Holiday season.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-05-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #44
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I've just gotten back from the doctor because of that very same thing! Luckily I went in before it became bronchitis, but I've got a raging infection that has my body hurting. I was afraid it had actually gotten to pneumonia because of that upper back pain that comes with the lung distress. I'm on antibiotics and an inhaler and have strict resting orders. Hub and I both had some cruds over Christmas, and I just haven't bounced back.

Been reading a ton, actually just finished the Christmas-themed scandal books by Theresa Romain. They were kinda... Meh. Finished out 2014 with 97 books read.

I need to find a nice, longish series so I can just finish one book and go right into the next without having to think and decide what to read next. Then I can cuddle up with my Kindle, my cuppa tea, and my kitties, and get over this gunk!
Old 01-05-2015, 06:09 PM   #45
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Hope you feel better pisceschick.
Closed Thread