Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #16
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
I would love an adventurer's library: big shelves lined with leather-bound books, a fireplace, a big desk and comfy chair, a glass cabinet filled with ''curiousities'' and stuff like spears and Zulu masks lining the walls. Like something straight out of an Indiana Jones movie or whatnot.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
A long time ago, I had a dream where I'd won the zillion dollar lottery. I purchased one of Ann Arbor's old frat houses, and disappeared for a year, then invited everybody for a house warming party.

Imagine throwing open double doors to a classic 2-storey English library, floor to ceiling books, with the brass rail half-way up and a ladder to reach the highest books. Comfy wing-back chairs arranged around green-glass shaded reading lamps, and a huge fireplace.

After the oohs and ahhs ended, I said "And that's only the A's."

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 02-28-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: ETA, it really was a dream, not one of the "I have a dream" kind of dreams.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #18
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
After the oohs and ahhs ended, I said "And that's only the A's."
Some people have the best dreams.
All I ever get is the flying dream.
And, on occasion, the "Mr T-rex, meet Mr stinger" one. But that one is only after too much pizza and Killians...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #19
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Oh, I like the library-with-a-view. A huge picture window looking out at greenery and water and sky would suit me just fine.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #20
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I would like to own nearly every book ever printed. I would need a large automated warehouse. (Maybe Amazon could give me one.) I wouldn't care much about the furnishing or layout of the reading room. Climate control + light + comfy chair = plenty fine.
I had a similar wish as a child. Of course I'd be more selective now. For one thing they would have to be in a language that I can read.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I read like I'm being hunted - small area or corner, back to the wall facing the door so no one can sneak up on me when I'm focused on a book. Most of those places would not work for me except #4 - the little reading nook.

exactly what i was thinking.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #22
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I would like to own nearly every book ever printed. I would need a large automated warehouse. (Maybe Amazon could give me one.) I wouldn't care much about the furnishing or layout of the reading room. Climate control + light + comfy chair = plenty fine.
you need something like this show has

Spoiler:

those small things are shelves
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #23
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Pre-ebooks I used to want a room lined with shelves for all my books. Since I've gotten my ereader I've gone minimalist. I prefer to have less physical "stuff" and would be happy with mostly ebooks, plus a recliner, nearby table for a pot of tea and snacks, a good light and a cat for my lap. Life would be good.
crossi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #24
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
Pre-ebooks I used to want a room lined with shelves for all my books. Since I've gotten my ereader I've gone minimalist. I prefer to have less physical "stuff" and would be happy with mostly ebooks, plus a recliner, nearby table for a pot of tea and snacks, a good light and a cat for my lap. Life would be good.
That's one reason I'm trying to upload my ebooks to the cloud. Can just have them online at my fingertips when I want to read a book.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #25
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'd worry about the humidity in the bathroom with the bookcase....
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #26
barutanseijin
Nxfgrrjks
barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
I love Shakespeare & Co. & the NY Public library is a great. My personal favourites places to read are old-school Japanese cafes and the AD White Room in Cornell U.'s Uris Library on a sunny winter day.

http://goodbooksandacupoftea.blogspo...und-world.html
barutanseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:14 AM   #27
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Here's another site about libraries:
http://www.beautiful-libraries.com/
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:43 AM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Oh, I like the library-with-a-view. A huge picture window looking out at greenery and water and sky would suit me just fine.
That might be nice for you, but it would be terrible for a library. Direct sunlight damages books; libraries should not have large windows.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #29
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I loved the cozy reading nook. Definitely my favourite in this lot.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #30
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
My favorite chair in my man-cave within shouting distance of my favorite cook who doesn't mind delivering hot brownies and who ignores the electricity being used when I have my four LCD tvs going at once. (NASCAR, PGA, and the two football games. Hey, I can't read all the time.)
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote