Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
MotorcycleGoat
MotorcycleGoat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Formatting of sideloaded books on PW

I just got a Paperwhite. I used Calibre to move my current novel on to the device. It was in ePub format and looks just fine on my B&N Nook in ePub. It converted to MOBI when moving it onto the PW. But, on the PW, lines are breaking midway across the screen. Like there is a carriage return, line feed or end of line code there. No amount of fiddling with the font, font size or margins makes it look correct.

Any input on making this display correctly would be greatly appreciated.
MotorcycleGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sounds like a calibre conversion question.

Short answer: ePub to old-style mobi isn't always lossless. There's things in ePub that just can't be done in mobi. Since you have a Paperwhite that can handle Amazon's newer KF8 format... why not try converting your ePub to azw3 instead?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
MotorcycleGoat
MotorcycleGoat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I was able to get the format to settle down a little. Using Calibre I converted from ePub to ePub and then to AZW3 format onto the PW. It took care of the line wrapping problem. I think the source of this ePub is questionable and therein lies the problem. A store bought ePub probably would not suffer this same problem.
MotorcycleGoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
formatting, line, paperwhite