Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
Vit-orekhov
Enthusiast
Vit-orekhov began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Changing fonts

Hi, everyone!
Recently I've bought my Entourage Pocket EDGE and updated it to Android 2.2. I really like hoe it works, but there are one tiny problem. I don't know, how to change font on the reader side.
The thing is. There are 3 alternatives. I don't know the original names, but in my device it looks like "reader font", "droid font", "reserve droid font".
How can I set these "droid font" or "reserve droid font"? Please, help me, I really want to read with my favorite OldStandart.ttf...
And, if you know, how...
Daoe anybody succede in trying to read books with both sides? I mean, the left one - is the first page, the right one - is the second, etc...? I think, it could be great
And the last question
Has anyone working skype on their devices? I downloaded it from here 4pda
So, thank you very much, my friends, Hopefully, somebody will help me
Vit-orekhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
Vit-orekhov
Enthusiast

Please... Say at least something...
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 04:40 AM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi there, Vit-orekhov!

I'm not sure how to answer your questions, but I will try:

1. I only see a way to change the size of the font (Sttings/eDGe Settings/Reader Preferences/Reader Font Preferences). There is a possibility that you could change the font in Calibre (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=fonts) but I'm not sure the eDGe would support it on the e-ink side, anyway.

2. People do read the same book on both sides of the PE, so I suppose you could have your book open in the Reader (e-ink side) and also in a reader app (Coolreader, e.g.) on the LCD side, then try to coordinate your page turns. It does seem odd to be holding a "book" and reading only on one side . . . but I get used to it!

3. I downloaded Skype, too, hoping the video would work, but it looks like you can only chat or use the pay feature. Some people have had success with Fring. Here's is one post on the subject: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=skype. You can find more by searching this forum.

Hope that helps a little bit . . .
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vit-orekhov View Post
Hi, everyone!
It is poor forum etiquette to post the same question more than once, let alone three times..., in three separate discussions.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
Vit-orekhov
Enthusiast

I only made it twice... And yes, I know, it's rather inappropriate... But nevertheless, I think, I solved my first and second problems. I downloaded ezPDF, then I made up a PDF-file in QuarkXPress, where I set my font and opened the PDF-file both on readet and tablet sides. And now I have a real book with two sides and with the font I want.

Filark, thank you very much! I know, a smile is a powerful arm

Last edited by Vit-orekhov; 07-20-2011 at 12:58 AM. Reason: thnaking Filark
Advert