Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #151
JazzMind
JazzMind began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Hello-

Am longtime PE owner - in fact I got one of the last Entourage warranty repairs for the White Screen of Death. Running Ermine and PE works pretty well, but sound quality when played through an Ipod dock is limited because of lack of a stand alone equalizer in Android 2.2. Android 2.3 allows a stand alone equalizer. Do the tweaks in this version include the ability to download and use a stand alone equalizer as in Android 2.3 ??

Jazzmind
JazzMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #152
crzychicken
crzychicken began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
So, It's been several weeks since I've been on here. I obtained one of the very first available versions of allmine when it was presented on this forum, and I'm wondering if this final version is better than what I'm using? I'm not really sure what's different now.
crzychicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #153
Chevalier529
Chevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enough

Device: EnTourage Edge Pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Have you tried using different USB sticks? Remember all USB sticks are not created equal - some work, some don't. Also keep the size of the stick down to about 4 GB and make sure it is formatted FAT32.
Ivanjt,
I've posted to you in the other thread for new PE owners and resources etc that I was finally successful in my update and proffered a word of thanks. Your support--everyone's support--is noteworthy.
I'd like to take this opportunity to acknowledge once again a key player in having made all this happen too: Ktwombley...since much accolades have been given to Pablob lately...and rightly so. But without her input, we clearly wouldn't have what we have today...just my opinion. All of you are so incredibly gifted with computer script of which I am not--versed in other things but definitely not this; and so I appreciate folks like all of you who provide this gift to us; giving us much enjoyment with our new techonological devices. You folks soar way above my head...am I am so grateful that you do!
Chevalier529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #154
Bensgoog
Bensgoog began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Hi everyone first post for me be nice

I just got my PE yesterday in the mail, and I've probably updated it 10 times already! I started following the upgrade instructions to reach allmine+gapps on this xda thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1289455

Which, after a brief (4 hour) issue of using the wrong gapps download, I managed to reach the market account sign-in. This ended with the "no reliable connection to servers."
I thought I would reboot the device, double check the wifi connection then attack again but the PE got stuck on the last loading dot, constantly refreshing the screen :/
I'm currently downgrading to dingo again, when I noticed this mobileread thread. I have a question though as I am downloading from the

http://edge.ympsa.com/

as the sendspace site claims the file is no longer available. Is this file the rc3 or the first golden? I guess its the rc3, but the internet connection I'm using right now is ~1mb, I dont want to spend 3 hours downloading the wrong release!!
Bensgoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #155
Bensgoog
Bensgoog began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Well downloaded the file in question and it is the rc3, so pointless post. On with the ROM!!!
Bensgoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #156
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Good luck, Bensgoog, and welcome! I assume you found the best gapps file to use?

Last edited by Filark; 01-25-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #157
QueenKate
QueenKate began at the beginning.

Device: Edge
MSN and EDGE

How do you download MSN Messenger and Skype if you don't have an android phone number ????

Thanks

QK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
Hi Everyone!

UPDATE: I left the link to the RC3 only, since that's the best version. You can also download the files from http://edge.ympsa.com/, thanks to MasterTec.

The ZIP file has the update file and instructions. Unzip it first, and read the instructions!

Also, any library backup done before the update (unless you had a working Allmine installation) won't work! I recommend to move the library to the SD card before the upgrade as the best way to keep it.

I've left the rest of the post for historical reasons. :-)

===

I finally had the chance to finish the Golden Allmine update (no add-ons yet), so here it is. I have tried it in my PE, and the Market seems to work.
Remember, don't install this on a full-size eDGe!!

IMPORTANT: You need the same gapps.zip file that is used to install the regular Allmine in together with the update.zip file (check the Allmine thread for links).

There are a couple of things to be mindful of:
  • When I installed it, for some reason the Setup Wizard "force-closed" on me. I was able to continue by playing with the buttons and then it seemed to work. I don't see why that would happen, but that will probably need testing by other people.
  • This update, as a golden one, will erase EVERYTHING in the internal storage (apps, settings, library).
  • There might be issues with the library after installation. I think that problems will happen only if you have your library in the SD card, and haven't installed Allmine before installing this update. But there could be other issues...

Once this gets a good test and we get it to be safe, I will get to making a "pimped out " Allmine update with the suggestions from the "ROM Wishlist" thread.

Have fun!

--- 08/Dec/2011

New version, rc2!

This one has better library handling (it will recognize if there is a library in the SD card and configure the PE to use it directly). I have tried it from MicroSD (USB install is not guaranteed) and I could install the system and use the Market (without resorting to TiBackup or anything else) to install apps.

The text file included in the ZIP file has the instructions for installation.

This one looks quite good on my PE, I hope it works for everybody!

--- 15/Dec/2011

New (and possibly final) version!

This one should fix the cases where the Market still does not work after installation.
If your Market worked with the previous version, you should not need to upgrade to this one.

Donwload from:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uwd865
QueenKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #158
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Belated thanks to Pablob for this rom! I finally took the plunge, and it is really great. I'll need to load up on a bunch more apps to test the limits.

Note: I had not previously had Allmine, just regular Ermine. I moved my library to the SD card before doing the update, but was not able to access the contents afterwards. Also, the device did not remember the setting. But it was worth it, just lost some casual drawings from my Journal.

Thanks again!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #159
asnider123
Connoisseur
asnider123 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Golden-Allmine-Ermine-rc3
WOW!!! Wonderful, now I have plenty of app space, yer the greastest, wondering how to do this

Hint: I copied the entire /data/app folder to my sdcard .. I am in the process of installing the downloaded programs back onto the machine .. just find the .apk file on the sdcard, click it and reinstall.

The Market even knows what I already had, just in case.

Quite a wonderful fix!!!!! Thanks
Alan
asnider123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #160
brandy12
brandy12 began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Unhappy need help

hello i have read all the things on here icant register my pocket edge and i was gonna try the 4 corner things but is there a why i can still get apps or no some one please help me
brandy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #161
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
You do not need to register your PE with anyone to be able to use it. Yes you need to do the 4 corner registration bypass, and yes, it will make things easy if you register with Adobe to allow you to read Adobe DRM protected books.

There are several places you can get apps, slideme, androidpit, freewarelovers to name a few and if you upgrade to pablob's rc3 - by very carefully following the instructions - you will have access to the android market.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #162
asnider123
Connoisseur
asnider123 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Golden-Allmine-Ermine-rc3
Been up and running RC3 for about 2 days .. added Launcher Pro and Beautiful Widgets, it's really a wonderful device!!! Pretty too Haven't found a bit wrong ..

This RC3 really made it a going device, much nicer than the Fire and at 1/2 the price. Thanks for the great work!

Today we reflashed a second unit at work for a friend, again successfully. Really solid build!!
asnider123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #163
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
just follow the instructions from RC3 zip. no need for anything else. I also safely deleted entourage crapware and is moving faster. no checks for update etc.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #164
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Think I'll try it.
Just a question, since my fiancee uses the Pocket at work, and she needs to play music and video with it. Are audio & video totally ok?
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #165
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMind View Post
Hello-

Am longtime PE owner - in fact I got one of the last Entourage warranty repairs for the White Screen of Death. Running Ermine and PE works pretty well, but sound quality when played through an Ipod dock is limited because of lack of a stand alone equalizer in Android 2.2. Android 2.3 allows a stand alone equalizer. Do the tweaks in this version include the ability to download and use a stand alone equalizer as in Android 2.3 ??

Jazzmind
Not sure about a stand alone graphic EQ, but ttpod player has a graphic EQ in it. Here's the market link to it https://market.android.com/details?
id=com.sds.android.ttpod&hl=en

found this in the market which is a stand alone graphic EQ called tuneQ, but may not work since it requires Android 2.3. https://market.android.com/details?i...RlbmJyYWlucyJd

Last edited by tekknogenius; 02-27-2012 at 03:17 PM.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote