Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
CokeRewards and SkinIt

I have, in the past, talked about how the MyCokeRweards program has prizes where you can redeem your points for either a small device or large device code for SkinIt. In the past, I redeemed my points for a large device code and got a skin for my Sony 505.

Last week, I redeemed more points for a skin for my Nook. After spending a good amount of time designing it, I tried to redeem it but the site would not allow it. As it turns out, SkinIt will not allow you to use any gift card codes for ereader skins. IT is very frustrating that, although they have done it in the past, they choose to not support the ereader community unless you are giving them money directly, rather than via gift cards.

I am recommending people either go with DecalGirl or Unique Skins at this point. I included Unique as DecalGirl does not offer custom skins for the Nook. If DecalGirl does have custom skins for the nook, please let me know where. I couldn't find anything for custom skins on their site.

Last edited by HarryT; 07-13-2010 at 03:03 AM.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
When you say "custom" skins are you talking about ones you design yourself? If so, yes, Decal Girl does them. I have recently designed a skin for my Nook and just got a shipping notice today. You have to email them and ask them to send you the template. They'll email it to you. The only bad thing is that the template doesn't have cutlines on it. I asked them about that and they said due to copyright laws, they no longer can put the cutlines on their templates. So I had to keep printing mine on paper and cutting it out so I could get tell where the cutlines are. Let me know if you have any other questions.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 03:04 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
revfish,

Your "affiliate" link has been deleted. Please do not post something like that again, or it will be considered to be spam, and the appropriate action taken.

Thank you.

[Moderator]
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I am so sorry. I didn't realize I screwed up. I am sitting here with a lump in my stomach because I realized how bad that was. I love MobileRead and don't want to lose it.

Warning received and heeded.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert