Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
Slider1960
Connoisseur
Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle PaperWhite, iPad
Am I the only one...

To be happy witht the upgrade?

I did the to 1.5 the other week (may eventually go pdf but right now happy with mobi), which went without a hitch first time and no other issues.

The thing I suggested 1 year ago as an improvement (font size adjust using the otherwise useless volume controls) is in, as of course is folder views. All my stuff was originally organised by author in folders so that was great as well.

I've had one hang halfway through boot since then - but that used to happen sometimes anyway - but otherwise everything is good.

No complaints or moans here - and 1.5 may well last me until it is time for a h/w upgrade, and from what I understand this year will see a lot of new hardware.

:-)
Slider1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, I'm happy and I have the same experience (no freeze, smooth installation, nice work). But there's a Spanish saying: "Happy people don't have history" (los pueblos felices no tienen historia), so I think we can apply it now.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
davidrendall
davidrendall began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Yes, I'm definitely happy as well. Upgraded to 2.0 and it's working great: faster and more reliable. I said as much and more in the main thread.
davidrendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I am very pleased with the upgrade to 2.0. I had my Opus only a month or so before the upgrade came out, and I had made it a habit to have some toothpicks near the bed. Just in case I had to reset. But I still liked reading on the Opus then. Now it is even better, and the toothpicks are all gone.

I really like my Opus!
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Another really pleased user of 1.5 here.
I had a lot of freezes before the upgrade. Trying all the tricks, like avoiding certain fonts, disable auto switch-off and not let battery level drop below 70%, my gen3 still would freeze on me every half hour or so.
Ever since the upgrade, no trouble at all. I was on a little vacation for one week with also a lot of reading, tearing the battery down to 20%, it just worked fine.

A dedicated dictionary lookup-button would be nice, but since navigation in the menu is now quite fast, I'm even content with how it is now.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
I upgrade to 1.5 and I'm happy too. I have folders, no freeze, dictionary is quickly with books in a separated folder (not in ebooks folder). I'm happy with the my gen3.
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
I am happy as well, particularly because of the change to ePub. The ADE implementation of bookeen is very good, and I am certainly stunned by the fast screen driver.

Although I have to admit, that I am a little jealous to the pocketbook owners, partly because of the sophisticated pocketbook software, partly because of the abilities it poses, partly because of the active software development in cooperation with the community.
But the CyBook does what it is supposed to, and does that job better than ever, so I am not complaining. The software still needs a little tweaking before calling itself perfect, but it´s on its way
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
I am happy as well, particularly because of the change to ePub. The ADE implementation of bookeen is very good, and I am certainly stunned by the fast screen driver.

Although I have to admit, that I am a little jealous to the pocketbook owners, partly because of the sophisticated pocketbook software, partly because of the abilities it poses, partly because of the active software development in cooperation with the community.
But the CyBook does what it is supposed to, and does that job better than ever, so I am not complaining. The software still needs a little tweaking before calling itself perfect, but it´s on its way
Don't be jealous - the ADE implementation on the CyBook is currently streets ahead of that on the Pocketbook. Both are very nice machines, but in the specific area of ADE, Bookeen are definitely ahead at the moment.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:19 AM   #9
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I'm a happy 1.5 user. I had no real problems in the first place. My Gen3 worked as advertised. Freezes? Once in 3 months an most of the time there was a reason for it (Almost empty battery or extreem cold)

I tried 2.0 but ePub is not for me. To complicated and loss of functionality such as my dictionary. Converting Mobi tot ePub gives me a 50% chance of a bad layout. I don't want to play with css and other things, I want to read

Now I have folderview. Well..I don't know if I need it, but it is nice to have. The only thing that is really nice is te +/- button for the fonts.

So I'm happy, but then again, I was happy in the first place

Last edited by Ortep; 01-12-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #10
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
I'm both a happy user for the 1.5 prc on my Gen3 and the 2.0 ePub on my Opus. The firmware is finally what I hoped it would be when I bought my Gen3 in October '08.

I'm reading a lot of series, so folder view is the most important feature for me.

It's a shame that Bookeen hurt their name with that ridiculously long delay.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #11
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Happy here also ..

The biggest thing for me is that my Opus was locking up at least once a day and I was getting rather fed-up with taking the back off, grabbing the toothpick (yes, it was the only thing that fitted!), putting the back on etc etc ..
Since the update, which I did on day of release, it has not stalled once!
I also like the new font set-up and think the pages turn slightly faster ..

Very pleased indeed . .but still puzzled as to why it took quite so long!

loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
Multireader
Junior? I'm a grandfather
Multireader began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Font size

Like I said on another thread. I'm happy with the 1.5 upgrade.

I never knew the +- buttons changed the font size until I read this thread. Brilliant!

Anything else I've missed?
Multireader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #13
Marko
Marko doesn't litterMarko doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'm happy, too. Both my Gen3s work perfectly now. No more reboots and freezes, yay
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #14
AdrianC
AdrianC began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
I am very happy with the 1.5 upgrade. I haven't tried 2.0 but I may try at some point in the future.

I still get the occassional freeze during the boot process, but it doesn't seem as common as before 1.5.

The folder view and naming books with <series number> <book name> using Calibre has ordered series nicely.
AdrianC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:26 AM   #15
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
I'm also very happy with the upgrade, almost everything works fine, except for the font size change which somehow just does not work, although that doesn't really worry me, I rarely use it, but I would like to know if anyone else has this problem.

Library perfect, over all quicker response, and no screen freezing any more.

Ana
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote