28th March to 31st March 3 4.35%
1st April to 30th April 22 31.88%
1st May to 31st December 2009 21 30.43%
Never! 14 20.29%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2009, 04:21 AM   #31
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
So, not "Next week" either.

Will they manage the release "in quarter 1 2009"* ?

Or will they have to argue that the phrase "d'ici avril 2009"** also includes the whole of April ?

The excitement mounts...

(Oh, and in case anyone wonders, my vote was for these last four days of March.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
This weekend? Next week? Sometime This month? Sometime next month? sometime This year? Never*?
*http://bookeen.blogspot.com/
**http://bookeenfr.blogspot.com/
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:34 AM   #32
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Quote:
Or will they have to argue that the phrase "d'ici avril 2009"** also includes the whole of April ?
Yes, I was wondering about that too. What does d'ici Avril mean exactly? Does it mean before April or until April (april included)?
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 04:38 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
Yes, I was wondering about that too. What does d'ici Avril mean exactly? Does it mean before April or until April (april included)?
It means "before April"; ie the same thing as the English version's "in the first quarter".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:38 AM   #34
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It means "before April"; ie the same thing as the English version's "in the first quarter".
Quite Right. I hadn't paid attention to that little word
And I'm the one supposed to speak French here
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #35
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
They missed the "begining of 2009".
I hope they don't miss yet another deadline - artificial or not, it is a deadline Bookeen as set for itself.

But I still agree with Harry - I prefer to wait a few more days than have a buggy software on my device.
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 08:26 AM   #36
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post
But I still agree with Harry - I prefer to wait a few more days than have a buggy software on my device.
The firmware will always contains bugs so logically speaking that means you have a long time to wait...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As "beginning of 2009" could be argued to include all dates up to and including 30th June, I don't think they've missed that one yet :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post
They missed the "begining of 2009".
I hope they don't miss yet another deadline - artificial or not, it is a deadline Bookeen as set for itself.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #38
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

@pdurrant
Try coming to a meeting at work right before it's half way through and see what your boss will tell you and how he will react to the excuse: "but you said to come at the beginning", then cast a glance on your watch, tap on them a couple times and say "and according to my watch the meeting is still at its beginning."

Or when fooling around with your GF (spouse), cool it down right after you've moved on to the second half and declaim: "the end" and see what she's got to say to that.

Can you see now what a twisted logic that is?

Last edited by Abelturd; 03-28-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #39
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Marketing and twisted logic go together. Ditto for politics.

Any discussion of this kind reminds me of the 1978 UK election. The rumour was that the opposition were planning to double the rate of VAT (sales tax) if they won the election, which was 8%. The shadow chancellor said "We have absolutely no intention of doubling VAT.". They won the election, and raised VAT to 15%.

You must listen very, very carefully to what politicians and advertisers say.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-1566429.html

(sorry, gone wildly off-topic!)

Quote:
@pdurrant
Can you see now what a twisted logic that is?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #40
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think bookeen need to release the firmware soon, Or we'll have gone crazy by then.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #41
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's got to be tomorrow!!
Old 03-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #42
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
That confirm my tought. We're going nuts
Old 03-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #43
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier

Note to myself: I should seriously get a grip on myself or everyone here is going to think I've gone bananas. Come on you (meaning me), suck it up.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:40 PM   #44
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Note to myself: I should seriously get a grip on myself or everyone here is going to think I've gone bananas. Come on you (meaning me), suck it up.
Absolutely not. You are probably in the only place where no one would think that!

Besides, it is GOOD to know we are not alone... I know now I am not. You should too!
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #45
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Or Tuesday :-)

Yes, I'm one of the (so far) three who voted for 28th-31st March

Quote: