Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
How to get the Nook Tablet for $214

This applies to people who shop at B&N on a regular basis. If you don't, then these are false savings.

Nook Tablet = $249 - $25 - $10 = $214

* discount is limited to one new device per new or renewal Membership term only.
^ using the $100 gift card for the Nook purchase and applying the eGift Card to a future purchase.

The Member discount is also available for the Nook Color ($25) and any other Nook ($10).

Final Prices
  • Nook Tablet = $214
  • Nook Color = $164
  • Nook Touch = $79
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Can you purchase two $100 gift cards by way of reward link for an additional 6-8% off?

Another $12 off would bring it down to $202.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
For those who can wait a month and shop at Albertson's for groceries, there is another option. Each year they have promotion before Xmas where you get a coupon for 20 dollars in groceries with the purchase of a 100 dollar gift certificate. So $240 out of pocket will yield $300 at B&N. So enough for a tablet, with 25 bucks left over after the sales tax for accessories/apps/books etc.

Also would work with the Kindle fire.

I might do this or hold out til tax time. I have a hunch that the NC2 might get cut to 200 bucks pretty quickly to match the Fire, or at least turn up as a refurb at or below that price.

edit: and just to clarify, I don't mean you get 20 dollars in random coupons from Albertsons, you get a coupon/voucher that is good for 20 dollars in grocery purchases (like a gift card). The only catch is that it is good for only one week.

Last edited by soondai; 11-08-2011 at 05:20 PM.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Can you purchase two $100 gift cards by way of reward link for an additional 6-8% off?
No; just one offer per customer.

Quote:
This offer can be redeemed once per customer and per billing address.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
No; just one offer per customer.
When does the offer end?
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
I saw the color Nook this evening at Best Buy (Tampa) for 199.00..
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
OFFER DETAILS
BN.com: Earn a Free $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card with purchase of $100.00 worth of Gift Cards and/or Barnes & Noble eGift Cards at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is valid on purchases of Gift Cards and/or eGift Cards totaling $100.00 in value in a single transaction only at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is also valid on purchases of customized Barnes & Noble Gift Cards totaling $100.00 in value in a single transaction initiated through links on Barnes & Noble.com and processed and fulfilled by Cardways.com. This offer can be redeemed once per customer and per billing address. Your qualifying Gift Card or eGift Card purchase must be made by December 5, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time. Such purchase must not be returned for any reason. The value of your qualifying Gift Card and/or eGift Card purchase must total at least $100.00 before tax to qualify. The $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card will be awarded based on Gift Card and/or eGift Card purchase total of $100.00 only; sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, shipping and handling charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the purchase minimum amount of $100.00. The $10.00 eGift Card will be delivered via email to you on December 26, 2011 to the email address associated with your $100.00 BN.com Gift Card / eGift Card purchase on Barnes & Noble.com. In order to take advantage of this offer, customers must have a valid bn.com account with a credit card on file. For those who do not have a bn.com account, please create a free account.
I've been waiting for another of these to come along.

for posting.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
I've been waiting for another of these to come along.

for posting.
Thank you! Now I just have to make sure I get it while it's still 8% at Ebates.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
YW, and good point. I was thinking of waiting until close to the deadline, but maybe I will just go ahead and do it now.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That was my question. Can you still receive the 8% reward plus the $10 e-gift card?

Or do they deny the 8%?
Old 11-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Who pays you the 8% - Ebates or B&N?

I'd check, but eBates wants me to join first before I can view their pages for details; and I won't join until I can check them out first.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #12
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
That was my question. Can you still receive the 8% reward plus the $10 e-gift card?

Or do they deny the 8%?
The 100 dollar gift card is listed explicitly as one of their weekly deals, so you would get both.

Looks like a potential great deal for new sign ups: you get a 10 dollar gift card for your first 25 dollar purchase as well, so after the 8 dollar rebate you would pay 92 dollars to get 120 dollars in B&N gift cards.

Edit:
Monkey, looks like the site pays you the rebates themselves quarterly, so you would be waiting a little while.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
Edit:
Monkey, looks like the site pays you the rebates themselves quarterly, so you would be waiting a little while.
Thanks; and the wait isn't a problem.

I was curious as to who was paying, because anytime B&N offers percent discounts, they always exclude everything Nook related.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:06 AM   #14
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

You also receive 8% cash back if you use a B of A debit card. Click link from B of A's "Add it Up" website. Money eventually goes into your checking account.

Or 6% - 8% on a B of A or FIA credit card from Worldpoints. Point system is not as attractive to me.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
The 100 dollar gift card is listed explicitly as one of their weekly deals, so you would get both.

Looks like a potential great deal for new sign ups: you get a 10 dollar gift card for your first 25 dollar purchase as well, so after the 8 dollar rebate you would pay 92 dollars to get 120 dollars in B&N gift cards.
This is the way I'm seeing it now. Let me know if I have it wrong.
  • new Ebate members receive a $10 B&N gift card
  • apply 8% Ebate to purchase of new Nook Tablet: $249 x 8% = $20 rebate
  • purchase $100 gift card from B&N and use to buy Tablet; then receive $10 B&N gift card
  • join B&N Member and receive $25 off Nook Tablet (or Color)
Doing the math:
  • Nook Tablet = $184 ($249 - $10 - $20 - $10 - $25)
  • Nook Color = $138 ($199 - $10 - $16 - $10 - $25)