Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-28-2019, 11:28 AM   #1
Tracy D.
N00b. Dumb but fearless.
Tracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: K4, Touch, PW
Find DRM'd books in Calibre library?

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the Plugins thread...

I use Calibre primarily to convert formats and save de-DRM'd ebooks via Apprentice Alf's plugin. However, over time I've had a few hiccups and occasionally find that a book in the library hasn't been converted.

Is there an automated way to find any books in Calibre library that still have their DRM intact so that I can correct them and be done with it? My OCD needs to know.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Tracy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:30 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy D. View Post

I use Calibre primarily to convert formats and save de-DRM'd ebooks via Apprentice Alf's plugin. However, over time I've had a few hiccups and occasionally find that a book in the library hasn't been converted.

Is there an automated way to find any books in Calibre library that still have their DRM intact so that I can correct them and be done with it? My OCD needs to know.

The Quality check Plugin has a DRM test.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
Tracy D.
N00b. Dumb but fearless.
Tracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quality Check - DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Quality check Plugin has a DRM test.
Hmmm.... Installed QC - I'm not seeing that option.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Hmmm.... Installed QC - I'm not seeing that option.
It's under check epub structure (the second option) not sure if it checks other formats.

Personally I use the Count Pages plugin for this. I installed it for a word count but I find that when I run it and it doesn't populate the column I've setup, it's usually due to drm not having been removed.

Last edited by Atherton25; 10-28-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:00 PM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:

The Quality Check helps a lot, but I found no shortcut to checking each book. Just press "V" and check them all. I had an audiobook going while I was doing that the first time around (over 2,000 books). FWIW, if these were free books from Amazon that you deleted off, you can go to Orders and find the order number and they can restore it IF there is still a contract between the publisher and Amazon.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2019, 05:07 PM   #6
Tracy D.
N00b. Dumb but fearless.

So far I only have MOBI and AZW3 formats.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:18 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
So far I only have MOBI and AZW3 formats.
You could try queuing up a bunch of eBooks to be converted to ePub. They will fail to convert if they have DRM.

But to make it easier, create a new library and copy all of your eBooks to this new library. Then when you are don converting, you can delete the entire library instead of having to delete the ePub.

I would convert 20 at a time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:42 PM   #8
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Use a Virtual Library

I always convert all incoming ebooks to EPUB format so to check if any haven't been converted, I just created a virtual library.

The Virtual Library search expression is set to
Code:
(formats:"=AZW" or  formats:"=AZW3"  or formats:"=MOBI") and not formats:"=EPUB"
Although the short version below works the same

Code:
not formats:"=EPUB"
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:20 PM   #9
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I was doing the converting originally, but I had too many having the problem, so went back and did the view option.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #10
Tracy D.
N00b. Dumb but fearless.

The virtual library thing sounds like it might work well for me. Thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited by Tracy D.; 11-01-2019 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Misquoted in the original

Tags
drm