Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
A Three way Comparison with the PRS-T1

I translated my "Three-way" comparison of ereaders : Nook (Classic), Odyssey, and PRS-T1 : http://readingandraytracing.blogspot...ison-nook.html
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
philoufr
philoufr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSFReader View Post
I translated my "Three-way" comparison of ereaders : Nook (Classic), Odyssey, and PRS-T1 : http://readingandraytracing.blogspot...ison-nook.html
A fine text indeed!
(I read it in French, iirc.)

You just forgot to mention that the Sony team lags way behind its rivals when it comes to customer care. The French-speaking forum says it all:
https://www.sony.fr/discussions/message/734201

T'as juste omis de préciser que dès qu'il s'agit de s'occuper des problèmes rencontrés par sa clientèle, Sony est complètement à la ramasse. La preuve sur le forum français :
https://www.sony.fr/discussions/message/734201
philoufr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

I talked in the post about what I had first hand knowledge. And since I have not (yet ?) come across too many bugs on the PRS-T1, I haven't tried to contact the support service.

On the other hand, I've established a list of bugs for the Odyssey, sent it to Bookeen, and have received almost no acknowledgement of them, and found them lacking in communication too. (additionally, they don't have any real forum to discuss about the bugs so ...)

As for the Nook, I know when I imported it in France that I would have no support, so didn't even try.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
philoufr
philoufr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSFReader View Post
I've established a list of bugs for the Odyssey, sent it to Bookeen, and have received almost no acknowledgement of them, and found them lacking in communication too.
Thanks for the forum's URL, it didn't know about its existence. Now I know.

Let's hope that the next Salon du livre (Paris book fair) will allow us to voice some of our concerns and have them addressed smoothly.
philoufr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
TheSFReader
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by philoufr View Post
Thanks for the forum's URL, it didn't know about its existence. Now I know.

Let's hope that the next Salon du livre (Paris book fair) will allow us to voice some of our concerns and have them addressed smoothly.
(The link is in my Sig ;-) )
Advert