Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Julian1984
Enthusiast
Julian1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
How to install a CA Certificate for WIFI? Kindle PW

I've been searching in the forum and i didn't find anything.

My university has a wify connection called eduroam. I have put the *.cer in the root of the kindle, but when I configure the connection, it sais that the Certificate cannot be found.

How should I install it?

Thanks!
Julian1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Have a look at my search for "eduroam" in the developer corner see these threads where people discussed their solutions, including the *.cer Certificates.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
Julian1984
Enthusiast
Julian1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Thanks, but those theards are too old, and didn't work con pw,that still hace support, but i don't get the way.

Last edited by Julian1984; 11-23-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Julian1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
dxbi
dxbi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian1984 View Post
My university has a wify connection called eduroam. I have put the *.cer in the root of the kindle, but when I configure the connection, it sais that the Certificate cannot be found.
Sorry for reviving a very old topic.

After I struggled with that problem myself, I wrote a short blog post about the correct settings:
https://tribut.de/blog/amazon-kindle-and-eduroam/

It boils down to putting the file in PEM format in a folder called "certs" and then specifying the file name without path in "CA Certificate". The file must have a .crt extension.
dxbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #5
xflyboy
xflyboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I was able to do it with your guide.
Imported a Verisign CA cert that is used in our corporate network on Win 7 in DER format.
Converted it from DER to CRT.
Placed the file into "certs" folder on Kindle through USB, and configured all options as needed.
USERNAME must have Domain name where you log into, you can get it in windows from "set" command in Command Prompt. Ej: userna@domain.....

Tx mate.

Quote:
Network name
eduroam
Connection Type
DHCP
Security Type
WPA2
Version
Enterprise
EAP Method
PEAP
Phase 2 Authentication
MSCHAPv2
CA Certificate
yourcert.crt
Username
user@your-institution.tld
xflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
kundle
kundle began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xflyboy View Post
I was able to do it with your guide.
Imported a Verisign CA cert that is used in our corporate network on Win 7 in DER format.
Converted it from DER to CRT.
Placed the file into "certs" folder on Kindle through USB, and configured all options as needed.
USERNAME must have Domain name where you log into, you can get it in windows from "set" command in Command Prompt. Ej: userna@domain.....

Tx mate.
I am trying to copy this approach also for Eduroam, but I am having some problems, so I am trying to debug my approach by confirming all steps.

Since both PEM (ascii) and DER (binary) certificates uses the .crt filename extension, .crt is technically not an encoding. Could I please ask you to confirm that your certificate is actually in PEM encoding, as I suspect? You can do this with
Code:
openssl x509 -inform PEM -in VerisignCA.crt -text
If it prints the actual certificate in 50+ lines of text, it should be confirmed. If it prints two line of error-like messages it should be refuted.

Also, I would love to know how you made that long screenshot?
kundle is offline   Reply With Quote