Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Calibre and ethernet

My computer has two IP addresses. One is for its wifi access, and one for its ethernet access.

I would have thought that Calibre would detect that wifi was switched off, and use the ethernet address for the server... but it doesn't. It keeps offering up the wifi address, so I have to turn on wifi as well.

Is there a way to deal with this or is Calibre not able to serve up on an ethernet address (which is accessible by wifi with other apps, just not calibre)?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
My computer has two IP addresses. One is for its wifi access, and one for its ethernet access.

I would have thought that Calibre would detect that wifi was switched off, and use the ethernet address for the server... but it doesn't. It keeps offering up the wifi address, so I have to turn on wifi as well.

Is there a way to deal with this or is Calibre not able to serve up on an ethernet address (which is accessible by wifi with other apps, just not calibre)?
For systems with more than 1 adapter, you can bind calibre to a single adapter: Preferences: Tweaks:'What Interface should the content server listen on' The default is '0.0.0.0' which is ALL
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert