Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
dmg
dmg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Hello - From an ebook reader using old technology

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to all the contributors of mobileread for providing a robust ebook information source!

I've been reading ebooks for quite some time on three gadgets (audiovox maestro PDA, Palm E2 and Dell Inspiron 720m). However, I found all three to be less than adequate based on too small of a screen (PDA) or too bulky a machine (Laptop).

Based on a review by Nate the Great, I recently took the plunge and bought a Jornada 720. I hope to receive it today I have a self imposed rule not to purchase any brand-new items because there seems to be an abundance of second-hand things that work just as well. The Jornada seems to fit that bill.

I look forward to learning (and maybe someday advising) on how to keep older technology current for ebook reading.
Dawn
dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Howdy and wellcome. Pull up a bale and set a spell.

I my self was going to get a Jouranda based on the reco... but I just couldn't find one for $60. If anyone sees any available let me know.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Dawn and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like your new toy
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Dawn, hope you enjoy it
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote