Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
For Borges Fans

Found this today while (unsuccessfully) looking for Borges ebooks.

http://borges.uiowa.edu/bsol/index.php

There's lots of articles about his work, but what I found most interesting was the "dictionary" which is just damn handy when reading Mr. Borges. It's available for free download in PDF format.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
A useful find. Thanks, Gideon.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I read the topic, I thought it meant Sarah Borges.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
I was going to ask if Borges (one of my favorite writers, by the way) is well known in the English-speaking world beyond academic circles, but I guess JSWolf's message already answered that question.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks for this ! i love Mr. Borges' work.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
I was going to ask if Borges (one of my favorite writers, by the way) is well known in the English-speaking world beyond academic circles, but I guess JSWolf's message already answered that question.
Borges is well enough known beyond academic circles. I looked at Jon's response in wonder: I automatically thought of Borges the author, and had never heard of Sarah Borges.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I got to see Sarah Borges in a free concert last summer. She's quite good.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I looked at Jon's response in wonder: I automatically thought of Borges the author, and had never heard of Sarah Borges.
______
Dennis
hee ! me too...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #9
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I'd say he's... well, he's known by some. But if you asked 100 people on the street, I'd be surprised if you had one person knowing who he was.

But, I know I love him... I've been reading and rereading his Ficconies since high schooll
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:39 AM   #10
Mistralain
Zealot
Mistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enough

Device: Booken Cybook
Thumbs up Good find

I'm a Borges fan too, I read his works in french.
There aren't ebooks in french too.
The dictionary is very rich : 279 A4 pages !

So good reading of Borges with paper books.
Mistralain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:21 AM   #11
livewire
livewire began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Found this today while (unsuccessfully) looking for Borges ebooks.

http://borges.uiowa.edu/bsol/index.php

There's lots of articles about his work, but what I found most interesting was the "dictionary" which is just damn handy when reading Mr. Borges. It's available for free download in PDF format.

Any news about finding ebooks of his works?
I tried but no luck...
livewire is offline   Reply With Quote