Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Stefan Zweig anyone?

Is here anyone that have read any book by Stefan Zweig, and wants to share their opinion?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
When I was a girl, I read and reread his biography of Marie Antoinette. Right now, I have his memoir, The World of Yesterday, on top of my pTBR stack. I saw a glowing reference to it and couldn't resist.

This isn't much help, but it attests to his readability.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't know his Marie Antoinette biography was available in English, I was under the impression that I would need a German version.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Read a few of them in my younger days (Sternstunden der Menschheit, Die Schachnovelle, Ungeduld des Herzens, Die Welt von gestern) and liked them.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

I found some of his books on Amazon they cost around $10. Shouldn't he be in the public domain?
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No. He died 23.02.1942 and will be in the Public Domain beginning with January 1st, 2013. So it's not too long until his books will be free of copyright.

I'm not sure if he had children. Maybe he was one of those "orphaned authors" for whom no heir could claim a copyright.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #7
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

I guess I can wait then. But wouldn't he come under copyright laws of Austria or Hungary?
Old 02-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #8
Billi
Wizard

Austria has more or less the same copyright laws like Germany, it's 70 years after the dead of the author, too.
I really don't know which country's law applies. When he died he was living in Brazil and had the British citizenship.
But it shouldn't all make a difference.