Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
PCreighton
Enthusiast
PCreighton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2; Kindle WIFI 6";IPAD 2
[Old Thread] import library or export to single file add to existing library

In my enthusiasm to start using Calibre on two machines with the idea when all is done I would merge the two. After reading posts about importing librarys and save to single file and add.

Can someone advise the best approach to use.

By the way this is my first week using this product and I am so impressed great job on this product. I had written a MySQL dbase to collect the infomation about all my books. Once I had seen this product I was ecstatic to drop by dbase that required manual search for metadata and manual conversion of books.

great product.
PCreighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The latest releases includes (new) facilities to move books between libraries so simply make use of those features.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
sdc
sdc began at the beginning.

Device: none
did you find the answer

What version as the ablililty to move books between libraries and how is it done?
sdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:54 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdc View Post
What version as the ablililty to move books between libraries and how is it done?
You opened a thread for this already. Please do not spam the forum and open up every old thread you can find. There is no reason to ask this question in multiple threads. This thread is 6 months old. Every version since this thread was started supports multiple libraries.

Quote:
Release: 0.7.17 [03 Sep, 2010]

New Features
  • Managing multiple libraries: Allow renaming/deleting libraries from the Choose library menu
And many versions before this thread was created.

Quote:
Release: 0.7.15 [20 Aug, 2010]

New Features
  • Multiple library support: Various improvements to make using multiple calibre libraries easier. "Now, when you switch libraries using the Choose Library button on the toolbar, entries are created in the menu of that button to easily switch to that library in the future. Also, you can now right click on a book in the calibre library and use the 'Copy to library' action to copy the book to another library, that you have switched to at least once. The name of the current library is shown in the titlebar. "
Read the What's New log to find out when features were first created.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-10-2011 at 01:00 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #5
sdc
sdc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Did not mean to spam, just checking my options. Thank you for your help that answered it beautifully.
sdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert