Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Have sigil not generate inline CSS

I've been working on a book, and one of the things I'm running into now (which is really ultimately the hold up for me releasing it) is that now Sigil is wanting to only do inline CSS for anything new, instead of using the CSS file that is in the epub.

The file was generated by Sigil with an older version. It never has been worked on outside of Sigil. Now, Sigil made a CSS file, and was using it, but now, it is refusing to add anything to it, and instead only adds it to the head of each file. This is frustrating, because now I have the CSS fragmented all over the place, making it more difficult to make widespread changes.

When I've removed all formatting from a page, removed the inline CSS from the code, and stripped all tags, as soon as I try to recreate the format I had, Sigil goes back to doing it inline.

Is there any way I can have Sigil use the CSS file again?
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
I've been working on a book, and one of the things I'm running into now (which is really ultimately the hold up for me releasing it) is that now Sigil is wanting to only do inline CSS for anything new, instead of using the CSS file that is in the epub.

The file was generated by Sigil with an older version. It never has been worked on outside of Sigil. Now, Sigil made a CSS file, and was using it, but now, it is refusing to add anything to it, and instead only adds it to the head of each file. This is frustrating, because now I have the CSS fragmented all over the place, making it more difficult to make widespread changes.

When I've removed all formatting from a page, removed the inline CSS from the code, and stripped all tags, as soon as I try to recreate the format I had, Sigil goes back to doing it inline.

Is there any way I can have Sigil use the CSS file again?
Sigil always added SGC codes inline and never modified your existing CSS.

IMHO, I would preffer a second, Sigil.CSS in preference to an inline one.
(EPUB allows multiple style sheets)
First and Last of all, the SGC codes would become unified across pages .
Copying code (with SGC styles) between page will now WORK
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
That's weird. I have an ePub I made using Sigil, with a CSS file, that includes sgc codes. I've not monkeyed with the CSS file, other than to add one single entry for changing the width of HR since validation complained about using the width property in the tag itself. The file I've worked on through pretty much every version of Sigil. I'm even more confused now that you say that it was never inline. Think it could have been related to a change someone else made that never made it back upstream? While I originally compiled and made my own deb packages, I stopped doing that and started using other people's premade packages. I've had to change repositories a few times as people stopped making packages for one reason or another.

Long story short, yeah, if I could have a unified CSS file for all the SGC stuff, I'd be happy.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
That's weird. I have an ePub I made using Sigil, with a CSS file, that includes sgc codes. I've not monkeyed with the CSS file, other than to add one single entry for changing the width of HR since validation complained about using the width property in the tag itself. The file I've worked on through pretty much every version of Sigil. I'm even more confused now that you say that it was never inline. Think it could have been related to a change someone else made that never made it back upstream? While I originally compiled and made my own deb packages, I stopped doing that and started using other people's premade packages. I've had to change repositories a few times as people stopped making packages for one reason or another.

Long story short, yeah, if I could have a unified CSS file for all the SGC stuff, I'd be happy.

Sigil SGC codes were ALWAY inline

Note: I only edit existing. Maybe there is a option.
Don't even see a default CSS , You can add a Blank one (r-Click), but I don't see a tool to make the appropriate link ( it would be cool if you could drag a stylesheet from the book browser and have the Link entry automatically created)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote