Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-14-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
What is a...Deferred Payment:

I went to order PW2 & when I got to the end where it said payment it was $29.43 with a Deferred Payment of $87.20?? I went back to look didn't see How to make it Full 1 x payment. Me thinks Deferred means a monthly payment plan??? I sure don't think it means ALL I have to pay is $29.43 for a New PW2 Or could it ???
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #2
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I went to order PW2 & when I got to the end where it said payment it was $29.43 with a Deferred Payment of $87.20?? I went back to look didn't see How to make it Full 1 x payment. Me thinks Deferred means a monthly payment plan??? I sure don't think it means ALL I have to pay is $29.43 for a New PW2 Or could it ???
Sometimes Amazon gives you the option of five equivalent monthly payments on Kindles, eink or tablet. Something to consider, payments 2-5 always come from your default card. They won't deduct that from a gift card balance.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the Gift card tip that's how I usually pay. Wonder why they wont give me the payment in full option .... Any way I going to go drop a deposit in sons account so I can order this
Old 08-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #4
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the Gift card tip that's how I usually pay. Wonder why they wont give me the payment in full option .... Any way I going to go drop a deposit in sons account so I can order this
You have the option to pay the full amount. Look on the product page just above the "add to cart." Change the "five payments" option to "one-time payment."
Old 08-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Usually I do see those Options but not this time!
Advert
Old 08-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #6
TimW
Wizard

Quote:
Usually I do see those Options but not this time!
You don't see this? I'm not sure why it's not showing the option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-14-17-49-17_kindlephoto-2185317.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	141036  
Old 08-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Nope! Usually & on everything else I do but not this! Well I went ahead & ordered. Hope they let me know what the next payment is & when its due.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
TimW
Wizard

Quote:
Nope! Usually & on everything else I do but not this! Well I went ahead & ordered. Hope they let me know what the next payment is & when its due.
Amazon always emailed me about two days before they charged my card. With my memory, that email was much appreciated.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:06 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Good! Me 2 & Thanks!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #10
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I've used Deferred Payments twice. No interest and as TimW says, they give you an email warning when it's time for a payment.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:32 PM   #11
TimW
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I've used Deferred Payments twice. No interest and as TimW says, they give you an email warning when it's time for a payment.
I have one complaint. I've purchased three kindles with deferred payment. A few months after I've finished paying for one, that furshlugginer Jeff Bezos throws out another baited hook. I wish he'd close up his tacklebox and go home!
Old 08-14-2015, 07:24 PM   #12
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
I have one complaint. I've purchased three kindles with deferred payment. A few months after I've finished paying for one, that furshlugginer Jeff Bezos throws out another baited hook. I wish he'd close up his tacklebox and go home!
I hear you. First it was the Fire HD 8.9 and then it was the Voyage. I swear, this is the last time I take that pretty little hook.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #13
TimW
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I hear you. First it was the Fire HD 8.9 and then it was the Voyage. I swear, this is the last time I take that pretty little hook.
Picard as Borg looks a little like Jeff Bezos, doesn't he?

"Resistance is futile! Order within 18 hrs. 44 min. to get it: Tuesday FREE! You MUST comply!"
Old 08-15-2015, 08:12 AM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Jeff's wily ways have suckered me in twice, too. I have a Voyage as a result of this mad scheme!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #15
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Yes I almost went with a Voyage