Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #46
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOY View Post
that settles it then, im buying a nook!
great choice I love mine, I think you will too.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #47
DBOY
DBOY began at the beginning.

Device: nook or kobo or sony
o i have another question, how is nook the battery life compared to the kobo? I heard the lcd takes up a lot of the battery
DBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #48
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I am not sure on what the real time life of the Kobo battery is. Maybe a member that has one can chime in. I have had my nook for 6 days and still have 40% battery. Although I have been playing around with the lcd screen more than I probably normally would and I did browse the web for the heck of it to see what it was like. It has also been plugged in via usb while loading my calibre library, so it did charge a little bit. I figure I should at least be good for a week without charging. It doesn't really matter to me though, as long as I don't have to charge it every day or two like my phone when I was using it as a reader.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #49
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
I am not sure on what the real time life of the Kobo battery is. Maybe a member that has one can chime in. I have had my nook for 6 days and still have 40% battery. Although I have been playing around with the lcd screen more than I probably normally would and I did browse the web for the heck of it to see what it was like. It has also been plugged in via usb while loading my calibre library, so it did charge a little bit. I figure I should at least be good for a week without charging. It doesn't really matter to me though, as long as I don't have to charge it every day or two like my phone when I was using it as a reader.
I with you on that, anything after 2 to 3 days is bonus and not a hassle one bit. I usually get near 8 days on mine, love that.

my iPhone, have to charge every night
laptop cant get 3 hrs
Old 08-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #50
DBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I with you on that, anything after 2 to 3 days is bonus and not a hassle one bit. I usually get near 8 days on mine, love that.

my iPhone, have to charge every night
laptop cant get 3 hrs
haha yea my iphone only lasts a day ;( but i dont mind just charge it up at night
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #51
DBOY

o i have another question, the nook is 6 inches, but is the screen size reading screen reduced? so like maybe 1 inch is taken up by the lcd screen? which makes the nook reading screen say 4.5 inches? were as the kobo doesnt have the extra lcd screen so its reading screen is around 5.5 inches?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #52
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
^^ No, the actual reading screen is the same size on all 6" models. The Nook is longer than the Kobo. The Kobo is one of the smallest and lightest readers, which is why I was going to get one. After looking at the Nook though, it just didn't compare (IMO).
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #53
DBOY

i just got the nook! quick question about it. How do you get the picture of the cover of books shown on the lcd screen? Can you get the cover of books on book located inthe "my documents"?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #54
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOY View Post
i just got the nook! quick question about it. How do you get the picture of the cover of books shown on the lcd screen? Can you get the cover of books on book located inthe "my documents"?
not in cover flow like you see in your BN library but if the books you download have the book cover are embedded in jpeg you will see the cover on the lcd screen when you open up your book when the main navigation page comes on. It will ge on the left side.

the books you buy from BN have the full coverflow in your library and for shopping.