Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
jrector
jrector began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS-700BC
The Grove for $.99, now in multiple formats

UPDATE:

Sorry everyone, but I had to pull THE GROVE off Smashwords. You can still find it on Amazon if you're a Kindle/iPod/iPhone user, but that's it right now.

I should have more news to report in the next couple weeks, so stay tuned...

Hi everyone

I just wanted to let everybody know that my novel, THE GROVE, is available for the Kindle on AMAZON for $.99

Here's a quick blurb and description if you're interested.

___

"Spare and evocative as a cornfield in autumn, The Grove marks the arrival of a haunting, powerful new voice in contemporary fiction. John Rector writes with deceptive grace, spinning out irresistible prose with a dark pulse between every line. This is psychological suspense at its most seductive. I loved it."

-Sean Doolittle, award-winning author of Dirt, Burn, Rain Dogs, The Cleanup, and Safer

--

The last time farmer Dexter McCray went off his medication, someone wound up dead. So, after waking from an alcoholic blackout to discover his tractor stuck in a ditch and the body of a teenage girl in the cottonwood grove bordering his cornfield, things look worryingly familiar.

With no alibi and a creeping suspicion that he might indeed be guilty, Dexter decides to investigate the crime himself. He can’t tell anybody. Not his friend, the sheriff, who keeps offering to help him winch his tractor out of the ditch. Nor his estranged wife, whose love he’s desperate to win back. And certainly not the Tollivers, his redneck neighbors.

Fortunately, Dexter’s not entirely alone. He has some help.

In the shape of the dead girl herself.

___

My first published novel, THE COLD KISS, will be out next summer from Tor books, so if you like THE GROVE and want to read more, please go to my blog and sign my mailing list so I can send you a reminder once the new book is released.

Here's the link:

http://johnrector.blogspot.com/

Thanks everyone. I hope you enjoy THE GROVE.

AMAZON

Last edited by jrector; 08-21-2009 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Change in availability.
jrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
I'd almost certainly be willing to shell out a buck for this, but it doesn't seem to be available on smashwords (anymore).
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
horror, mystery, pdf, sony reader, thriller