Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
starrfox1
starrfox1 began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq 5450
Hello from Colorado

Just read about this site while surfing for some new ebooks.

Have used an iPAQ 5450 for @5 years as an ereader. Took a little getting used to initially, as was limited to MS .lit format, but later got into PDFs and Mobireader formats. One of these days the 5450 will crap out [and HPs post-sales support hasn't been worth talking about for years now], but the ereaders out now [even the new netbooks] still don't offer as good a feature set for the price as the iPAQ does.

While I have been an avid reader for decades, I never thought I would get as much reading enjoyment from my PDA as I have. Have read hundreds of ebooks with it.

It turned out to be great when I get stuck in a line somewhere. Anything over a minute and I can pull out my PDA and continue my reading. No more wasting times standing around. And while the big media about the Kindle seems to be its WiFi capability, a cheap SD card holds dozens and dozens of books, so I don't have to worry about that, either.

And the selection of books available - Wow! And more everyday.

starrfox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	hello-yellow.gif
Views:	199
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	38125 starrfox1, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert