Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #16
dkelly701
dkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Nook
Although this is an old thread, I will post what solved this problem for me. The key was to always have my nook on the home page before you connect it to your computer to sideload books. Delete all of your sideloaded books and then re upload them following the instructions above and see if it solves your problem.
dkelly701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #17
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I have this problem with some books and not others. I have gotten into the habit of bookmarking where I stop. Of course, since I started doing that, it has never happened again.

This problem is not unique to the Nook. I got it with both Kindles occasionally as well. I also get it with audible books using the Audible app on my Itouch, but not when I go through the music icon.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
joshg253
joshg253 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Manga, Nook Simple Touch
I'd seen my books several pages back from where I'd left off last ("I feel like I've read this before...") and figured out that it was from not pressing the button on the back and sending the Nook to sleep before closing the cover, which was actually touching the screen enough to page back a ways.

I've recently (as in yesterday and today) seen it come up with a dialog asking if I want to sync to the furthest read position, but only with WiFi on -- I usually have it off. I'm not reading any of the B&N books anywhere but on this NST.
joshg253 is offline   Reply With Quote