Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #391
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hmmm... just found this while looking through the ixtab.tk logs:

72.21.217.98 - - [06/Mar/2013:16:01:43 -0600] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.1" 200 52 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; AMZNKAssocBot/4.0 +http://affiliate-program.amazon.com)"

Now... Should I be proud, amused, or worried?

Just deny that crawler in that same robots.txt file.
OR
.htaccess them to death
re-direct them to google's db, let them crawl something time consuming.

Last edited by knc1; 03-06-2013 at 08:28 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #392
Elfuente
Enthusiast
Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: kobo glo
I don´t want to go through all the posts. Please can anybody explain whats the advantages of jailbreaking the PW.

thanks
Elfuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #393
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfuente View Post
I don´t want to go through all the posts. Please can anybody explain whats the advantages of jailbreaking the PW.

thanks
Perhaps we could pop round and do your homework as well? Bring you a drink? Massage your feet? We are here to serve
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #394
Elfuente
Enthusiast
Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

thanks you are so kind. I went through the first 10 pages of this thread before I asked for help.
but thank you, thank you, you are a very nice person.
no problem I will get my answer from somebody else.

NICE TO BE NICE
Old 03-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #395
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
thanks you are so kind. I went through the first 10 pages of this thread before I asked for help.

NICE TO BE NICE
You appear to be labouring under the misapprehension that I give a flying one about your opinion of me.

One day, you're going to have to grow up and start doing stuff for yourself. Letting you know that may just be the greatest kindness I could have done you.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #396
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:

NICE TO BE NICE
No, you didn't ask for help. You said "I'm lazy", and you demanded that somebody explain something that you could have very easily found out by yourself.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+jailbreak

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...king#Jailbreak
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #397
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:

thanks
I jailbroke my PW for one simple reason: collections.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #398
Elfuente
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
No, you didn't ask for help. You said "I'm lazy", and you demanded that somebody explain something that you could have very easily found out by yourself.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+jailbreak

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...king#Jailbreak
Oh master, master, omniscient, almighty forgive me my imperfections, I am just a lazy human being, wasting your precious space on earth.

but thank you anyway, and for the future, please just ignore my posts, included this one already.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #399
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Oh master, master, omniscient, almighty forgive me my imperfections, I am just a lazy human being, wasting your precious space on earth.

but thank you anyway, and for the future, please just ignore my posts, included this one already.
Your wish is my command.... welcome to my ignore list. Bye Bye!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #400
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:

thanks
We could tell you but then we'd have to kill you

Last edited by gargoyle67; 03-09-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: I was going to tell all our secrets then decided not to ;)
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #401
vemacs
vemacs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello folks,

I just got a new kindle, have downgraded it to 5.3.1, and have jailbroken it.

However, I should update to 5.3.3 before amazon does so automatically, but there is an issue:

The ge.tt link for the standalone installer isn't working (infact, the whole service doesn't appear to be working). I click "download", and nothing happens. Tried this in 3 different browsers. Does anybody have an alternate link for the standalone certificates?

Thanks in advance! In the future, would somebody mind attaching combined-dev-certs-20121002.zip here instead? Again, ge.tt doesn't seem to be working for me on ANY file.

The jailbreak for this was much easier than for my Nook classic :P

Looking at the ge.tt twitter account, it appears to be permadead.

Last edited by vemacs; 03-10-2013 at 11:03 AM.
vemacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #402
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vemacs View Post
Hello folks,

I just got a new kindle, have downgraded it to 5.3.1, and have jailbroken it.

However, I should update to 5.3.3 before amazon does so automatically, but there is an issue:

The ge.tt link for the standalone installer isn't working (infact, the whole service doesn't appear to be working). I click "download", and nothing happens. Tried this in 3 different browsers. Does anybody have an alternate link for the standalone certificates?

Thanks in advance! In the future, would somebody mind attaching combined-dev-certs-20121002.zip here instead? Again, ge.tt doesn't seem to be working for me on ANY file.

The jailbreak for this was much easier than for my Nook classic :P

Looking at the ge.tt twitter account, it appears to be permadead.
There is a zip/tar file that includes developer certificates (I believe they are identical) called 'prerequisites' in the KUAL thread...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326

Hope this helps! Welcome to the forum!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #403
vemacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
There is a zip/tar file that includes developer certificates (I believe they are identical) called 'prerequisites' in the KUAL thread...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326

Hope this helps! Welcome to the forum!
Cool, thanks! Do I only need to install the 2 he listed, or should I install ALL of them?

Also, is there a guide to install them manually? I'm getting conflicting information, such as copying to java/keystore, or using the BIN install method for each of the certs.

Thanks again!

Last edited by vemacs; 03-10-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #404
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Use the .bin packages. And install both the dev certs, and the Kindlet jailbreak, one by one. You're most likely going to need both anyway.

BTW, Upgrade to 5.3.3 BEFORE you install these.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #405
vemacs

Okay, cool. I should install these? Or should I not install the GPGs? The instructions aren't particularly clear.