Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Getting the "full" wysiwyg editing to work?

I'm not so computer technical, but I'm thinking the "full" option is supposed to make it so that when we are posting/editing, the text shows up as it should look without code, i.e. instead of a word having [ b ] code around it, it would just show up as already bolded. Correct?

If so, then I'm trying to get it to work for me and it's not. I went into options and set it to the "enhanced/full" option and saved. And I've tried it on different web browsers and no luck. FYI, I'm using a Mac and I've tried it with Safari and Chrome browsers.

What happens now, as has always happened, is that when posting or editing, it shows up with codes. Every month now I'm posting a list that I edit multiple times in the book club section, and it would be so much easier to do and keep track of if the posting and editing already showed the results of the codes, because as it is now, when I go to edit it it's just a big jumble of information and codes that I have to wade through each time.

Hopefully I'm just not doing something easy to fix to make it work right. Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have to confess that I didn't know that what you describe was available!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Using Firefox browser, there is an icon which allows you to switch between modes. See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wysiwyg.PNG
Views:	289
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	84964  
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
What I do is go to the "advanced" editor, then click the "Switch Editor Mode" button in the top right corner of the toolbar. That's the button with two As, one in normal type and one in blue italic underlined. When you do that, you get the full WYSIWYG editor.

That said, the feature might not work with all browsers. I vaguely recall trying to use it in another forum a few years ago, and found that it worked in IE but not in the early version of Firefox I was using at the time.

Does that help at all?

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Wow, I did not know we had this feature. It is actually pretty cool. I am using it on Seamonkey (a Firefox like browser that looks like netscape). Not everything is wysiwyg but some things are, bold, italics, underline, work perfectly. Smileys work, justifcation works as does indenting. Most of the rest still show the tags, but I like it.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Because of your posts about Firefox, I downloaded and tried it - and it works! Thanks!

So it doesn't work on Safari or Chrome on a Mac (The "double A" symbol is just not there at all on these browsers, it is just empty space on that upper right of the editing/posting area), but it will work on Firefox. And now my monthly editing sessions will be much easier.

The only thing, similar to what DaleDe says, is that spoilers are still coded and show up whole in editing. It would be so helpful if spoilers would close up too because those are what really make it so hard to edit my lists multiple times. But just the bold alone makes it easier to find things I need while editing.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote