Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Is anyone else having support issues with Fictionwise?

The folks at Fictionwise used to be pretty good at dealing with support issues - or at least that was my usual experience. I've had a couple of issues where a book was sold to me in a format they didn't actually have and wouldn't download and they've explained it and refunded my money within 24 hours.

Now I'm getting a weird one where the book that's downloading isn't the title I purchased - I even tried to buy it in two formats and the both downloaded this mystery book - but I've had not luck getting anyone to explain what's going on or process a refund. It's been just shy of a week now - so unlike them. Is it the new post-B&N world?

The title I bought by the way is Emergency by Neil Strauss and it's downloading a title called Navigator of New York - A Novel, by Wayne Johnson.

Mike
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:50 AM   #2
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
In the past when I have problems like this with Fictionwise they always fixed it, not necessarily immediately, but they did repair the link so that I could download the correct book. I would hang on in there for a bit longer!
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 05:50 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBoy View Post
The folks at Fictionwise used to be pretty good at dealing with support issues - or at least that was my usual experience. I've had a couple of issues where a book was sold to me in a format they didn't actually have and wouldn't download and they've explained it and refunded my money within 24 hours.

Now I'm getting a weird one where the book that's downloading isn't the title I purchased - I even tried to buy it in two formats and the both downloaded this mystery book - but I've had not luck getting anyone to explain what's going on or process a refund. It's been just shy of a week now - so unlike them. Is it the new post-B&N world?

The title I bought by the way is Emergency by Neil Strauss and it's downloading a title called Navigator of New York - A Novel, by Wayne Johnson.

Mike
I had that problem with a book not long ago. I put in a ticket with them for this issue. It took a few days for them to get back to me to tell me it was all sorted. But before they got back to me, I tried downloading the book again and it was the correct one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:58 AM   #4
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I had that problem with a book not long ago. I put in a ticket with them for this issue. It took a few days for them to get back to me to tell me it was all sorted. But before they got back to me, I tried downloading the book again and it was the correct one.
I'll stay hopeful, but I put the ticket in last week and have tried redownloading the book - even going so far as to purchase the title in a whole other format, to no avail. I'm just surprised because pre-B&N takeover, this would have been resolved in a day.

I did take a look at their book description for Emergency and although it's the correct description and cover, it is certainly not the right ISBN for the ebook versions.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:21 AM   #5
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I had the same problem last year. It took a few days for them to reply. It was not Fictionwise's fault as they were giventhe wrong book. It took some weeks before the right book was available.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
pda_junkie
Enthusiast
pda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watchpda_junkie is clearly one to watch

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kobo Glo
I've had issues with slow & poor service from them as well. I tried to buy 2 books that were on 100% rebate and got a message that transaction failed because my paypal address didn't match the address FW had on file. The books were not geographically locked so I emailed them.

They got back to me after I sent them 2 reminders and asked me to check with my bank then update the address (a non-reply in my view since I was paying by paypal & both PP address & my address on FW were the same). I told them that and also told them the books I wanted to buy were no longer on 100% rebate due to their slow response and to date, no response or attempt at recovery at all.

I've bought from FW for quite a few years, service used to be extremely fast, professional and friendly. Not any more.
pda_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote