Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #16
tapar
Connoisseur
tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g, Kindle Paperwhite v1
I love my Kindle 1 and just ordered kindle 2's for family members as xmas presents. I do like checking out negative reviews though, it can be really helpful in making choices. There were some good points in the kindle's negative reviews, many of them dealing with DRM and how they handle magazines and newspapers. Most of those issues are not a consideration for me so it made me more confident in my decision to go with kindle 2's. Given how much I love my kindle I was surprised to see so many 1 star reviews.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #17
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Giger has been around since October. Seas and Ocean were much later than that. He is not the same person.

As to the Kindle, I love mine and have no real complaints about it. I loved the K1 i had before it, as well.
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
My problem with this and other similar threads is the titles.

We are supposed to be a non-biased community.

A newbie looking at these threads will surely wonder if there is anything wrong with the kindle, or nook, or any other device so labeled.

I just wish people would think before they post. If you were completely new to this, and looking for solid advice, this is not helpful.

Every device has their pros and cons. There is no perfect one out there.

Everyone has a right to choose for themselves without having to wade thru a bunch of obviously biased posts, whether it be towards Kindle, nook, or whatever.

Stating facts like the Kindle doesn't "do" epub, or have folders is one thing.

Saying its "ugly", Amazon is "evil" has nothing to do with the device!!!

'sigh. .
Old 12-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #19
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
awwwwww, I think gigercounter just needs a big ol' group hug.

The nook either will or won't work out its release issues over the next couple of months and Amazon and the Kindle really aren't their biggest problem. Fans would be much better off dropping the whole "nook vs kindle" storyline and concentrating instead on developing the nook's niche - an eReader that works in conjunction with a bricks and mortar store.

Competition for all is going to get even fiercer over the next year, with all the new digital readers slated to start selling.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #20
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
out! out foul spot!!!

seriously giger! have you picked up too many rads out there counting?

you are deliberately trolling and pot stirring. those reviews were from right after K2 was released and upon close scrutiny from people who did not know what they were getting into. ie; non transferrance of magazines and newspapers.

any other glitches that were legitimate as we know from long customer anecdotal evidence are immediately and cheerfully replaced by Amazon.

I humbly request that this thread be deleted as it is nothing but an attempt at inflamatory propaganda. who knows what this creature's motives are? it is certain that they are old and worn
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm very happy with my Kindle 2. In fact, I'm thinking about buying another one - the International version.

So, to repeat: I'm extremely happy with my Kindle2, in addition to my Sony 505.

Group hugs, slobbery kisses, and a handful of zombie parts to all the folks here!

Don
Old 12-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #22
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Saying its "ugly", Amazon is "evil" has nothing to do with the device!!!

'sigh. .
B-but the K1 really is ugly! But I still love it -- despite its looks it has a really great personality.

I see a lot of ideas for the next generation of Kindle, but my dream is for it to have the sexy curves of the Kindle 2 and the nice big wedged backside of the Kindle Classic. I likes me somethin' to hold on to.

>sigh< Doing whatever it takes to drive this unnecessary thread off topic.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #23
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Group hugs, slobbery kisses, and a handful of zombie parts to all the folks here!
Eew. Group hugs. ::shudder::
Old 12-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #24
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
@gigercounter:
We've had compaints about your uniformly negative postings about the kindle, and have noticed that we've had to speak to you about this before:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...417#post638417

If you dislike the kindle, just avoid the kindle sections of the forum. Do try and find some positive things to say occasionally, otherwise people will begin to think that you are a troll. Why not discuss your current reading, or deals that you find? Or join in the fun at the Lounge?
And remember that we eventually lose patience with trollish behaviour and say goodbye to those who live under bridges.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #25
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
I'm very happy with my Kindle 2. In fact, I'm thinking about buying another one - the International version.

Don
but I don't want zombie parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarknova View Post
B-but the K1 really is ugly! But I still love it -- despite its looks it has a really great personality.

I see a lot of ideas for the next generation of Kindle, but my dream is for it to have the sexy curves of the Kindle 2 and the nice big wedged backside of the Kindle Classic. I likes me somethin' to hold on to.

>sigh< Doing whatever it takes to drive this unnecessary thread off topic.
I keep hearing "the kindle is ugly". I don't find any new technology particularly attractive. PCs, Laptops, MP3s, ereaders. I guess I would prefer an old leather bound tome (which is probably why I have an Oberon cover), but I don't know that I have seen any ereaders that make my socks go up and down
Old 12-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #26
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
but I don't want zombie parts!

You'll get Zombie parts and like it!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #27
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I don't know that I have seen any ereaders that make my socks go up and down
But you're not wearing socks!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #28
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Fanbois are weird! The Kindle has flaws but not as bad as the nook flaws it seems (from initial reviews). My Kindles have all been pretty solid, but as with any electronic device, treat it poorly or get a bad one and you have issues.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #29
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

Don
Could I have some of the especially tender parts, please?
Old 12-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #30
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Could I have some of the especially tender parts, please?

On purpose!

Orders are now being filled!

Don
Closed Thread