Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
damorg
damorg began at the beginning.

Device: "just looking"
converted twice? (email to kindle)

Hello,

I recently received my Kindle Paperwhite (my first Kindle) and I used Caibre to batch-convert my library of epubs to azw3/kf8. The conversion went well however...

When I send the books to my Kindle account via Calibre's connect/share > email to (my kindle address), they still seem to go through a conversion phase even though they are already in kindle format.

Is this normal? Am I missing an option?

Thanks in advance for any insight...I am new to Calibre & Kindle.

Dan
damorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Amazon does not allow email delivery of azw3. You can only email mobi files to your kindle.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
damorg
damorg began at the beginning.

Device: "just looking"
Thanks for clearing that up for me...I appreciate it.
damorg is offline   Reply With Quote