Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
lexai
lexai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Kernel Module VIDEO E-ink (Help build from sources)

Good day.

amazon kindle dx graphite

I use the server as a second monitor via a VNC

But the update speed is very small, for example 1/ per second

I believe that this can be changed in the device drivers, but I do not know how, because I am not able programirovat

I ask the experts to look at the sources of the device driver and say - can I increase the speed of updating the picture of e-inc.

https://yadi.sk/d/WVIfQczJ3G333r - files *.KO driver

https://yadi.sk/d/eRgmYMw43G33GY - driver source code

Доброго дня. (Original in Russian)

amazon kindle dx graphite

использую через VNC сервер как второй монитор.

но скорость обновления очень маленькая, примерно 1 раз / в секунду

считаю, что это можно изменить в драйверах устройства, но не знаю как, т.к. не умею програмировать

прошу знатоков посмотреть исходники драйвера устройтства и сказать - можно ли повысить скорость обновления картинки е-инк.

/lib/modules/2.6.22.19-lab126/kernel/drivers/video/eink/legacy$ modinfo eink_fb_shim
filename: /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-lab126/kernel/drivers/video/eink/legacy/eink_fb_shim.ko
license: GPL
author: Lab126
description: eInk Legacy-to-HAL shim
depends: eink_fb_hal
vermagic: 2.6.22.19-lab126 preempt mod_unload ARMv6
parm: show_logo:non-zero to show logo (int)
parm: splash_screen_up:sets which splash screen is currently up (int)
/lib/modules/2.6.22.19-lab126/kernel/drivers/video/eink/legacy$ modinfo eink_fb_hal_emu
filename: /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-lab126/kernel/drivers/video/eink/hal/eink_fb_hal_emu.ko
parm: emu_bpp:1, 2, 4, or 8 (long)
parm: emu_orientation:0 (portrait) or 1 (landscape) (int)
parm: emu_size:0 (default, 6-inch), 6 (6-inch), or 9 (9.7-inch) (int)
/lib/modules/2.6.22.19-lab126/kernel/drivers/video/eink/legacy$ modinfo eink_fb_hal
filename: /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-lab126/kernel/drivers/video/eink/hal/eink_fb_hal.ko
depends:
parm: einkfb_logging:non-zero to enable debugging (long)
parm: einkfb_hw_shutdown_mode:non-zero to fully shut down hardware (int)
parm: einkfb_hw_bringup_mode:non-zero to fully bring up hardware (int)
/lib/modules/2.6.22.19-lab126/kernel/drivers/video/eink/legacy$ modinfo eink_fb_hal_broads
filename: /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-lab126/kernel/drivers/video/eink/hal/eink_fb_hal_broads.ko
parm: bs_bootstrap:non-zero to bootstrap (int)
parm: bs_bpp:2, 4, or 8 (long)
parm: bs_orientation:0 (portrait) or 1 (landscape) (int)
parm: bs_upside_down:0 (not upside down) or 1 (upside down) (int)
lexai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:08 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=13
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2017, 07:42 AM   #3
lexai
lexai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
As I understand it is only a demo..

I do not have such in-depth knowledge to "pull out" the source code from these demos((
lexai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexai View Post
As I understand it is only a demo..

I do not have such in-depth knowledge to "pull out" the source code from these demos((
Change your understanding.

Re-read about the hardware differences and how their operation is the limiting factory on the VNC frame rate.

Translation:
What you observe is not the driver's fault, it is inherent in the older hardware you are trying to use.

Either put up with it, or use newer hardware.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kernel module video