Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Fehmarn
Enthusiast
Fehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litter

Device: Aura H2O (Glo stolen, PRS-T1 given away, K-touch kaputt) & iPads
My Kobo just died

Everything was fine until yesterday evening - today I open the cover, the scrren is (at first) stuck with the cover of the book I'm reading, then goes white with just a smudge of graphics left in the lower left hand screen area.

LED turns green when connected to a PC and upon a long slide and hold of the poer switch it goes blue, but thats it. Nothing happening.

Tried resetting by sticking a paper clip in the little hole in the back, to no avail.

Worst of all: I am stuck in the eReader nirvana of Zurich in Switzerland - took me trips to four shops in two cities to finally source a Sony PRS, so the train ride back won't be as boring as the trip down was

Hope I can find the receipt for the Kobo so I can turn it in for repair.
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Did you try a factory reset? You can do that by holding the power switch and holding the home button for ten seconds, but it will be reset to factory defaults. Nothing will be left on the device.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fehmarn View Post

Everything was fine until yesterday evening - today I open the cover, the screen is (at first) stuck with the cover of the book I'm reading, then goes white with just a smudge of graphics left in the lower left hand screen area.

LED turns green when connected to a PC and upon a long slide and hold of the power switch it goes blue, but thats it. Nothing happening.
I've seen a similar phenomen on my acer, maybe it helps. Sounds as if the battery is completely depleted. Have you tried to recharge ?

If connected to a PC, can you see the file-system of the reader ??
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Fehmarn
Enthusiast
Fehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litter

Device: Aura H2O (Glo stolen, PRS-T1 given away, K-touch kaputt) & iPads
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
I've seen a similar phenomen on my acer, maybe it helps. Sounds as if the battery is completely depleted. Have you tried to recharge ?

If connected to a PC, can you see the file-system of the reader ??
Yup, tried all that - to no avail.
The device would not even show up when hooked up to the PC.

Brought it in today, the vendor took it in and refunded it, so now I'll play with the Sony replacement for a while - and that one has very nice page turns, by contrast
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote