Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
handyguy
Connoisseur
handyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to behold

Device: PW4
Latest fbink install?

unfortunate newby question...
I want to install the latest fbink, which i thought comes with the latest usbnetwork tar. so i downloaded kindle-usbnet-0.22.n...tar and copied the update_usbnet bin file to the mrinstall folder and ran the installer ok.
However, fbink is still v1.20.3. Can I find the new fbink binary somewhere?
thanks for the help!
handyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:41 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You probably have an old standalone binary installed somewhere which might come earlier in your $PATH .

Or, if you're using the Python bindings, you need to update the Python package .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2020, 06:20 PM   #3
handyguy
Connoisseur
handyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to beholdhandyguy is a marvel to behold

Device: PW4
I found an (link) old one in /usr/bin/fbink pointing to /mnt/usr/usbnet/bin.
Not sure where the MR installer put the new one, so I copied the new fbink binary into the usbnet directory and now I have v1.23!
Thanks!
I downloaded package kindle-usbnet-0.22.N-r17940.tar.xz and extracted /USBNetwork/Update_usbnet_0.22.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3_koa2_pw4_kt4.bin to the mrinstall folder.

Last edited by handyguy; 12-13-2020 at 02:10 AM.
handyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Well, USBNet definitely installs it in ... usbnet .

So, I'd check how old the package you actually used is, and/or MRPI's log for potential failures.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote