Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 06:37 AM   #16
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
I hope for a way to jump between pages in library and, more important - at least for me - is an easier way to access lookup function.

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #17
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
When I turn on my CyBook I'd like it to open back on the page I previously left (or is it possible already?)
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
No, today what one gets at open up is the library with the last read book selected.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #19
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I would also like for the device to go to the page I was on when I start up. The Iliad can do that, way useful.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #20
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Well, let's all hope Bookeen regulary reads this forum... :-)

I think they do.

One more thing: if Bookeen intends to show battery charge when reading, I am pretty sure that on that same bar will some other information be shown (such as in Sony's reader)!

Regards
Nelson
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post
Well, let's all hope Bookeen regulary reads this forum... :-)

I think they do.

One more thing: if Bookeen intends to show battery charge when reading, I am pretty sure that on that same bar will some other information be shown (such as in Sony's reader)!

Regards
Nelson
I certainly hope that they don't add another "bar" (or if they do, make it optional, please). I don't want to lose any "reading space" to show information that I don't personally need to see.

There's ample room to show a battery meter at one side of the progress bar.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #22
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
That's a good point Harry, a minor niggle I have with the Cybook is the lost reading space due to the book title and progress bar. When the title is turned off that space isn't used. If Bookeen do happen to be reading, it'd be nice to get that space back.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #23
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
That's a good point Harry, a minor niggle I have with the Cybook is the lost reading space due to the book title and progress bar. When the title is turned off that space isn't used. If Bookeen do happen to be reading, it'd be nice to get that space back.
Does it really matter if you get 26 or 30 lines per page? Personally this is a totally unimportant change and I also think the margins are good as they are and really hope they do not change them without making it configurable.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #24
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Does it really matter if you get 26 or 30 lines per page? Personally this is a totally unimportant change and I also think the margins are good as they are and really hope they do not change them without making it configurable.
Yes, it matters, it's 15% more, and 15% less page turns, and less chances of widows and orphans, less chances of breaks in the middle of verses, more chances for illustrations to fit in the current page and not be moved to the next one leaving a huge blank space.

In addition, reducing the side margins means longer lines, less chances of awful line breaks (and again more text per page and less page turns), more chances for verses fitting in a single line and not be broken...

And of course, it should be configurable.

Has anyone noticed that if you set a really small font size you get huge margins, by the way?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #25
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Has anyone noticed that if you set a really small font size you get huge margins, by the way?
Yes. The smallest font size does that; no idea why. It makes that size pretty much useless, as it only buys you an extra line or so compsred to to second smallest.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #26
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Yes. The smallest font size does that; no idea why. It makes that size pretty much useless, as it only buys you an extra line or so compsred to to second smallest.
A very old and most probably correct typographical rule of thumb to maximize readability is to have a maximum of around 60 characters on a line. And the smallest size respects that which is a very good thing. I totally hate too long lines since it is so hard to read.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #27
sw122683
sw122683 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
I have a pretty serious problem, which might not be encountered by any of you. In the library, cybook DOESN'T support font changing!! That means, with chinese titles, I can see only *frames* in the cover hence I have no idea which is which!!
Hopefully they would fix it.(I know the chance is pretty slim...)
sw122683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #28
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw122683 View Post
I have a pretty serious problem, which might not be encountered by any of you. In the library, cybook DOESN'T support font changing!! That means, with chinese titles, I can see only *frames* in the cover hence I have no idea which is which!!
Hopefully they would fix it.(I know the chance is pretty slim...)
You should report this as a bug so they know about it.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:49 AM   #29
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
A very old and most probably correct typographical rule of thumb to maximize readability is to have a maximum of around 60 characters on a line. And the smallest size respects that which is a very good thing. I totally hate too long lines since it is so hard to read.
Hmmm, OK, I can see that. Still makes the smallest font size pretty useless, though. You get a smaller font size without getting much extra text in return...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #30
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I certainly hope that they don't add another "bar" (or if they do, make it optional, please). I don't want to lose any "reading space" to show information that I don't personally need to see.

There's ample room to show a battery meter at one side of the progress bar.
I didn't mean another bar, but a single one that included the energy status, the progress bar (or, preferably, page numbers) and any other information considered important.

I do agree that a "clean" a "free" screen is essential in a 6' screen. And that is why I do not realy like the progress bar - it is simply not the most discret way of showing where you are in a book.

The header (when activated) should have a smaller font too.

Regards
Nelson
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybook, firmware, upgrade