Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2007, 04:48 AM   #31
rincewind
Connoisseur
rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
Ok, I made the gesture patch available in the other thread. Patch post

It also contains some information about the functionality.

jharker, could you post your full-screen patch too, I really would like to run with both. :-)

/R
rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:09 AM   #32
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Rincewind, that totally rocks!

I've been up all night preparing a seminar, so I'll be crashing hard for the next couple of days. I'll post my fullscreen patch by Monday at the latest.

I think someone did a bookmarks patch, right? Who was it? My brain is mush right now... anyway, I'd love to see that submitted, too.

If anyone else wants to submit a patch for the first release, please submit it in the patch thread by Sunday Nov. 11. The first community ipdf release will be Tuesday Nov. 13.

Yay!
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #33
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
[...] I think someone did a bookmarks patch, right? Who was it? My brain is mush right now... anyway, I'd love to see that submitted, too.
Mike Kostousov did. Here's the thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13914
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #34
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Please please please include Mike's bookmarks patch.

And you've got the column-following one, right?

The only other thing we could really use is a manual column mode for scanned multi-column documents. Sort of a backwards-N pattern per page. That doesn't seem like it ought to be terribly hard....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:44 PM   #35
El Chupacabra
Enthusiast
El Chupacabra began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad / Nokia 6630
I guess many people will agree that's more useful word highlighting than scribbling in a text pdf. Would be that possible? I think it would be a very nice feature to include.
By the way, thank you very much to everybody, community has speed up things dramaticly, Irex improvements to iLiad have been scarce since the beginning (from my customer point of view).
Keep the good work!
El Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:51 AM   #36
rincewind
Connoisseur
rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

IPDF binary for testing

Hi all,

here is a binary "pre-release" of IPDF with both fullscreen and gestures. Just in case anyone wants to test gestures without loosing the precious fullscreen mode. :-) Also, applying both patches does require some manual interaction as they put code in the same place...

/R
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf_fullscreen_gestures.zip (43.1 KB, 923 views)
Old 11-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #37
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
How easy would it be to have ipdf read a password stored in the manifest file? I have started buying ebooks instead of pbooks. If the book is encrypted the keyboard comes up to allow me to enter the password. Typing on the keyboard can be error prone and because you can't see what you are typing it is hard to know if you have made a mistake. The first ebook I bought used my email address as the password and this was very long, longer than the visible space for entering the password and it became very frustrating trying to open it. It would be nice if the password could be stored in the manifest and read by ipdf. I have no problem using an editor to enter the password into the manifest because I would only need to do it once.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #38
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Hi

Thanks for all your work first!

A question: Will the link function be reactivated in a new release?
For me it is extremly useful to follow links in pdf (like footnotes, table of contents etc.) - and I am missing it in fullscreen pdf.

Thanks
Olivier
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #39
rincewind
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
A question: Will the link function be reactivated in a new release?
For me it is extremly useful to follow links in pdf (like footnotes, table of contents etc.) - and I am missing it in fullscreen pdf.
The links are there, just not in "scribble" mode. They never were there in the iLiad ipdf either, it's just that the community version default goes into scribble mode. I'll think about adding link clicks to the scribble mode too, and just hope that nobody wants to write a "dot" on a link. :-) I'll se when I have time to investigate that further.

To follow links, disable the scribble mode (press the darkened pencil button), and you can follow links. Note that gestures depend on scribbles, so you will need to toggle scribble mode again before you get those back.

/R
Old 11-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #40
HET2
HET2 began at the beginning.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could post the source to the patched ipdf somewhere. Or perhaps it is somewhere and I just don't know where to look?
HET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #41
Gogolo
Addict

Rincewind, thanks for your answer, but what is the "darkened pencil button"? uhm uhm Did I miss something?

Your idea to activate linking just over links and have scribbling 'around' is very nice IMHO.

Greetings
Olivier
Old 11-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #42
rincewind
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
Rincewind, thanks for your answer, but what is the "darkened pencil button"? uhm uhm Did I miss something?

Your idea to activate linking just over links and have scribbling 'around' is very nice IMHO.

Greetings
Olivier
On the toolbar there is a pencil. If it is dark (selected), you can scribble. If you press it, it will become light, and you cannot scribble. :-) On the other hand, you can follow links. This is the default operation in the official IPDF.

/R
Old 11-03-2007, 05:07 PM   #43
rincewind
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HET2 View Post
I would greatly appreciate it if you could post the source to the patched ipdf somewhere. Or perhaps it is somewhere and I just don't know where to look?
The full source is not easily available yet, but the patches thread on this forum contains some patches. The fullscreen patch is available in the iRex forums.

Just to make it simpler for you, here you have the full source code with fullscreen and gestures/quick erase + some other small things. Note that this is only my own copy - I think the "community ipdf" jharker administers has a somewhat different keymapping (hardware keys), and of course the multi-column patch and any others have not been added. Because I don't use them. :-)

/R
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf-testing.zip (2.22 MB, 481 views)
Old 11-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #44
HET2
HET2 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
The full source is not easily available yet, but the patches thread on this forum contains some patches. The fullscreen patch is available in the iRex forums.

Just to make it simpler for you, here you have the full source code with fullscreen and gestures/quick erase + some other small things. Note that this is only my own copy - I think the "community ipdf" jharker administers has a somewhat different keymapping (hardware keys), and of course the multi-column patch and any others have not been added. Because I don't use them. :-)

/R
thanks for the sources. For next time you can try the svn export command It will copy all the sources to a new directory which you can pack and send without including the svn metadata.
HET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #45
Gogolo
Addict

Rincewind: Thank you very much for this hint!

I also like the idea doing gestures especially for zooming, because this is rather difficult when using fullscreen now (acivating toolbar, estimating zoom range, again fullscreen - oh there is missing a line, beginning with fist step).

The thing with the gestures could be developped further.

Olivier