Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #856
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by armenmatrix View Post
i copy the *.bin file to kindle root, everything seems ok, then i am disconnecting kindle from pc, then connecting again , my file disappears
This has absolutely nothing to do with KUAL, i.e., you're posting in the completely wrong thread. Probably the file does not support your Kindle model. Post in the correct thread and ask the author of that file about the problem.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #857
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Where by 'kindle root' you mean the root of the USB storage area as seen on the PC over the USB cable.

Are you skipping the "click safely remove" step before unplugging the cable ?
Do you have "show known extensions" enabled on you PC?
Did you do anything else, in addition to what you wrote? (like restarting the kindle)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #858
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
This has absolutely nothing to do with KUAL, i.e., you're posting in the completely wrong thread. Probably the file does not support your Kindle model. Post in the correct thread and ask the author of that file about the problem.
It is (or was) the first thread shown on the index page.
This person has a PC without a "page down" button and must have a broken scroll wheel.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #859
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
I just pushed a new KUAL version to github. New features and bug fixes are coming soon. Stay tuned folks!
KUAL Team: will PM you more details.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #860
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
//o//

Wave

\\o\\

Wave

\\-O //
- (( ))
- // \\

Party woot

YAY. Happiest thoughts to you.

Will push it up after I abuse it.

Much happiness to you.

Last edited by twobob; 05-23-2013 at 06:15 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #861
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
//o//

Wave

\\o\\

Wave

\\ O //
- (( ))
- // \\

Party woot

YAY. Happiest thoughts to you.

Will push it up after I abuse it.

Much happiness to you.
Yes, have a Kual time.

Just think of all the postings here you will be missing:
http://www.madmagazine.com/sites/def...rough-Time.jpg
Old 05-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #862
coet
coet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw
trying to install

I have a PW firmware 5.3.5 serial starting as B024 I bought in the east coast..

I used the jailbreak here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446

the jailbreak worked according to the logs and the fact I have usbnet working

However, KUAL v2 when launched complains of the misssing jb kindlet

So, due diligence ensues and I try the prereq package- however, both the dev certs (from k5-pw-all) and the jailbreak leave the update button greyed out (trying one at a time)

Is there something I'm missing?
coet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #863
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by coet View Post
I have a PW firmware 5.3.5 serial starting as B024 I bought in the east coast..

I used the jailbreak here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446

the jailbreak worked according to the logs and the fact I have usbnet working

However, KUAL v2 when launched complains of the misssing jb kindlet

So, due diligence ensues and I try the prereq package- however, both the dev certs (from k5-pw-all) and the jailbreak leave the update button greyed out (trying one at a time)

Is there something I'm missing?
Those where supposed to have been re-built recently to include B024

Do you eject (or "safely remove") the Kindle's storage from your pc and then remove the cable before trying to run the update?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #864
coet

scp actually

no i didn't have it connected at all, i used scp to copy the file
however, upon your input i tried again thiis time issueing the following to no avail:
lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.scanner doFullScan 1

perhaps I am downloading the non-updated files? I just assumed he edited the first post where they are listed..
Old 05-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #865
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
no i didn't have it connected at all, i used scp to copy the file
however, upon your input i tried again thiis time issueing the following to no avail:
lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.scanner doFullScan 1

perhaps I am downloading the non-updated files? I just assumed he edited the first post where they are listed..
What is the destination of your scp command ?
Old 05-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #866
coet

scp

/mnt/us
is that not the root for .bin?
Old 05-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #867
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
/mnt/us
is that not the root for .bin?
that is correct.
but using scp by-passes some of the notification system.

now disconnect (both logically and physically) from the kindle and restart it so it can re-scan the user partition contents.

if none of that works for you -
stop trying to outsmart it - just move the file onto the usb storage just like you would any other file or book (in usb storage mode).
Old 05-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #868
coet

im not trying to outsmart anything.. it actually doesn't show up as a mass storage device anymore or I would have tried that.
i restarted and it says the update was not successful update error 3 blah blah
Old 05-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #869
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
it actually doesn't show up as a mass storage device anymore or I would have tried that.
Why does it NOT show up as mass storage?
Fix that first.

See if you have set-up usbnetworking to auto-start.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #870
coet

that did the trick
i think it had something to do with usbnet and vmware.. usually devices get picked up by vmware and you can choose to send it back to the host system- which stopped happening
i plugged it into my fulltime linux box and it came up as mass storage- did the two updates, and now kual runs

odd, i thought the lipc full file scan would have picked that up, oh well it works now
thanks knc1

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified