Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #1
RedHakaw
RedHakaw began at the beginning.

Device: Isilo
ISILO files

Almost all of my books are in ISILO format.

which is the BEST E-book reader should I buy to read them?

I would also prefer one that has microsd slot, and can play audio.

It's for my birthday!

Thanks!
RedHakaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Isilo is a proprietary format, and can't be converted to anything else - see this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75338

There are no eInk devices which support the format (it's obsolete), but there is, it seems, an isilo app for Android tablets.

Perhaps a good idea to start buying books in a modern convertible format like ePub. I imagine your books must be pretty ancient to be in isilo format?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
You can convert iSilo files back to plain text using the Windows iSilo reader (see here), but you will lose all formatting.
(There is also an iSilo app for iPhones)
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote