Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
webmanoffesto
webmanoffesto began at the beginning.

Device: Android, Samsung Galaxy, FBReader
Organizing Magazines and Periodicals in Calibre

Hi,

I know Calibre is an *EBook* management. I does that SO well that now I'm wondering if I can use it to organize my digital magazines (mostly PDF format, maybe to be converted to epub format). My “issue” (ha ha, get it) is that I see fields for “title”, “author”, “series”, and even “published date”, but where would I enter “magazine”?

Have you faced this issue? What did you do?

[Edit: after posting I found good information here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130697 ]

Last edited by webmanoffesto; 12-07-2012 at 08:06 AM.
webmanoffesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
ErikBozon
ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ErikBozon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
As you mentionned there is few field available (that are called meta data).
If you click on one of your magazines, and use the contextual menu (left click) You can edit Meta Data individualy to see all the possible field.
As you can notice none of them is related to the type of ebook (expl periodicals).

Still there is a solution for you :
If you click on the column of the home view (left click) you can choose "add your own columns" and create your own column.
In your case create the column "Types":
Lookup name = types
Column heading = Types
Column type = Text, colun shown in the tag browser

After a Calibre restart, you should be able to see the additional column (scroll left if you do not see it), and use it as you want.
ErikBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
library, magazine, organize, periodical