Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #31
CJBarrow
Book worm
CJBarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader/Cybook Gen3/Hanlin V5
Received my nice new shiny leather cover

Just a Quick update, I received my nice new shiny leather cover last week on the recommendation of HarryT and I have to say I am impressed with the quality. I will update my initial review with details. I will not go into any details re Leather or plastic as this has been done to death in a previous post (the outside is man-made and the inner cover Leather).

In my opinion a cover for the Gen3 is a must, maybe this is the one for you.

What I like:
  • Excellent quality
  • Looks good - Lots of envious comments while reading on the train
  • Provides excellent protection for the Gen3
  • Cost - Initially I thought the price a bit high, however you get what you pay for and this is a quality product, well worth the wait.
  • The cover is a good snug fit with all the buttons and ports accessible.
  • The magnets work well to hold the cover closed.

Negative points:
  • The book reader is now more bulky and will not fit into my coat pocket.
  • The page turn button is not as easy to operate as the thickness of the leather causes it to be recessed, the cut-out for the button needs to be slightly better aligned.
  • Although there is a cut-out to get to the USB socket, it is not as easy to remove the rubber cover - Having said that you can easily remove the Gen3 fro the cover or permanently remove the rubber cover from the USB socket.
  • It is possible for the Gen3 to slide out of the cover if you hold the cover upside down and shake it - It must be noted that has never fallen out, this is just an observation that it would be safer if it were secured to the cover.

Last edited by CJBarrow; 02-07-2008 at 02:47 PM.
CJBarrow is offline   Reply With Quote