Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
andrednz
andrednz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Not being detected. Stuck on Opening Book

I have rooted my PRS-T1 last week and used it for 2 days. Then I have installed a game (Sudoku platinum) by transfering the downloaded .apk file and running it from the reader. Coincidencently or not, the reader got on demo mode right after that. Then I have transfered the Os Firmware to the micro-sd card and followed the procedure to unroot it.

Since then PRS-T1 keeps looping here and there and never goes further than opening book screen.

And to make things worse, the device is not being detected by my desktop computer (disk manager on Windows 7) nor by my netbook (Gparted on Lubuntu).

I'm almost trying to disassemble it myself to see if I'm able to force reset!

I have contacted Sony support and that's what they told me:

"Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

We are sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties with your Sony Reader. If the unit is not getting to the Opening Book screen, at this point, since the unit has been like that for over three days, it could be a problem with the charge, but still there are some troubleshooting steps that may resolve this. Please review the following link:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...nalId=C1008849

It may be necessary to try another factory reset at some point. But please review the information. If you are still having difficulties after trying the troubleshooting steps, please reply to this email.

Thank you for being a valued Sony Customer.

The Sony Email Response Team
C6R2
Paul
"

I would really apreciate some help before I turn my ereader into a picture frame!
andrednz is offline   Reply With Quote