Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Check Library - Bulk Delete

Ran a check library and there are a bunch of files that need to be removed under "Unknown files in books". Is there any way to do a mass delete as oppose to checking them off one at a time?
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Ran a check library and there are a bunch of files that need to be removed under "Unknown files in books". Is there any way to do a mass delete as oppose to checking them off one at a time?
Are we talkin the Check results from the Library Menu or a Run of the Quality Check Plugin?

If the Former,
do you want to recover those books (are they books or whatever that managed to get lost into the Library folders.)?

If they are 'intact' (not damaged by a faulty file system) books, you might want to try and rebuild your DB and recover them that way.
an Intact book folder will usually have:
folder name = title (#)

The folder will contain: (this is one of those times that "peeking" is done )

0 or more different formats of the book (0 is an 'empty book')
(possibly) cover.jpg
metadata.OPF

If all are there, a recovery is a good possibility.

The big question to answer is: does this book exist elsewhere in the Library (Remnants of a failed rename , you re-added a 'lost' book)

The Realy big question: "how did this happen and what can you do to prevent a repeat
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@the ducks: this is derived from Check Library. There are a bunch of .jpg files that are taking up room from when I tried to do the Calibre2OPDs with SugarSync. During that process there were a bunch of .jpgs created and I want to get rid of them. There are a ton - so wanted to see if there was a faster way to delete them then one at a time.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
@the ducks: this is derived from Check Library. There are a bunch of .jpg files that are taking up room from when I tried to do the Calibre2OPDs with SugarSync. During that process there were a bunch of .jpgs created and I want to get rid of them. There are a ton - so wanted to see if there was a faster way to delete them then one at a time.

Hope this makes sense.
After Recent accidental user deletes,

deleting things fast in Calibre are not going to simple to do.

(This is a time where having Multiple Monitors is great)
All you can do is open Windows Explorer. Put it in "folder view" (the Icon next to Search) so you see a list of the Author Folders on the Left.
Make the explorer window as narrow as you can work with and see the Calibre error list.

And carefully resolve with the delete key, any extra stuff the check complains about.
Note: You can drag all the bad stuff to another (badstuff) folder in case you need to fix an 'oops' later.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can move the library to a new location via the switch/create action, this should leave behind any files that calibre does not know about.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Intentionally no. I didn't (and don't) want to deal with the consequences of someone pushing Mark All then Delete, then having an oh-dear moment (in polite language).

In your case, IIRC the jpgs created by calibre2opds have a distinctive name that was not cover.jpg. Search for that name in the library using Windows Explorer and delete them there. That is what I did when I had the same problem, the need to clean up after switching from calibre2opds to my own web server. The obligatory warning: look at the results of the search before selecting all and hitting the delete key.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
chilady1
I devour books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Intentionally no. I didn't (and don't) want to deal with the consequences of someone pushing Mark All then Delete, then having an oh-dear moment (in polite language).

In your case, IIRC the jpgs created by calibre2opds have a distinctive name that was not cover.jpg. Search for that name in the library using Windows Explorer and delete them there. That is what I did when I had the same problem, the need to clean up after switching from calibre2opds to my own web server. The obligatory warning: look at the results of the search before selecting all and hitting the delete key.
Great idea - yes these .jpgs do have a name called resizedcover.jpg - these are the ones I want removed so your idea is a really good one.

BTW, THANK YOU all for answering my question with good suggestions. I appreciate it.