The txt doc has well defined chapter

Chapter One
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
Chapter Two
bbbbb
bbbbb

After the converstion I do have all the chapters, which means the Level 1 TOC XPath expression is defined correctly, but there are about 4 pages of the beginning of the txt text in the beginning of TOC.

How can I remove those text in the beginning of TOC?
Thank you.
el34han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
If you get page content inside your TOC, that would most probably mean that you haven't defined the XPath correctly. What do your chapter markings look like (remember, the XPath works on the intermediate XHTML stage) and what XPath are you using?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
el34han
el34han began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My XPath //*[re:test(., "第\S*集.*第\S*章 ", "i")]
Trying to convert Chinese books.
I feel like these's much to learn about Calibre conversion. Is there complete Howto guide about converstion?
I read the Calibre manual and only see the XHTML syntax. Now I finally understand why. Thank you very much. But, where can I learn about this intermediate XHTML? Any doc that explain the whole conversion process?
Thanks so much.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There is an explanation of the process in the manual. As for the XHTML, just use the wizards in the search & replace conversion options to see that and to see what your chapter markings look like.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
el34han
el34han began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks so much. Am reading it now.
Advert