Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #31
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I opened a topic on getsatisfaction.com/kobo about this. http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/topi...p_does_it_work
It's been 12 days and still no response from Kobo. Not even a simple acknowledgment of customer concerns/frustration. The basics of customer service. The posts within the thread are respectful in tone. Folks want to know what the deal is with the Android app and why there's only a phone version in the Android Market. Why the inconsistencies with what's presented on the Kobo website and what's available to general tablet owners?

Last edited by SCION; 10-31-2011 at 03:20 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #32
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another point of interest.

There's a video of the Android app for tablets in the Google Market. So, it's something that is not just available to folks who had it pre-installed on their tablet when it was purchased. People look at the video and assume that's the app they're getting. It's not. This is baffling.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Last edited by SCION; 10-31-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #33
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Signed Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura v2, Kobo Clara HD
This reminds me when Kobo sends codes via email for rebates with pictures of books clearly not eligible for said rebate.. heh
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #34
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
I will check tonight if I can't take the apk from my Acer and share it with you.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #35
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigol View Post
I will check tonight if I can't take the apk from my Acer and share it with you.
If it's installed in /system/app it will only work for those with root. The file would need to be placed in there and then installed. Still no root for the Sony tablet. Others will benefit though.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #36
akuerz75
Enthusiast
akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch, Motorola Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If it's installed in /system/app it will only work for those with root. The file would need to be placed in there and then installed. Still no root for the Sony tablet. Others will benefit though.
Actually I do not want to root my Xoom.
I am looking for an official solution.
If I buy/order/download something I do expect that it is as it was described before.
In this case the Kobo App is not even close to the preview in the android market or on the Kobo webpage.

I hope that Kobo sooner or later replies to our request and delivers what they have announced.....

akuerz75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #37
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuerz75 View Post
Actually I do not want to root my Xoom.
I am looking for an official solution.
If I buy/order/download something I do expect that it is as it was described before.
In this case the Kobo App is not even close to the preview in the android market or on the Kobo webpage.

I hope that Kobo sooner or later replies to our request and delivers what they have announced.....

I'm with you on that. I want the official app as well. We're being ignored. I just know that some have rooted tablets and will benefit from the .apk from an Acer or Samsung. I was just making an assumption, it may not have been installed to /system/app.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #38
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Weird thing is that I couldn't find the Kobo app, must have been frozen when I did a restore. But still I just downloaded from the vache-android site (used to cook some apps inside your rom).

Just install it no need to root or move it to the system/app. So it should work on your Sony.

I will post a link since I cannot attach a apk here. Hope it doesn't break any rules, but since the Kobo app is already free, I don't see any problem.

http://www.multiupload.com/UO2AXQIRXU
Old 11-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #39
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Weird thing is that I couldn't find the Kobo app, must have been frozen when I did a restore. But still I just downloaded from the vache-android site (used to cook some apps inside your rom).

Just install it no need to root or move it to the system/app. So it should work on your Sony.

I will post a link since I cannot attach a apk here. Hope it doesn't break any rules, but since the Kobo app is already free, I don't see any problem.

http://www.multiupload.com/UO2AXQIRXU
Thanks for taking the time to do this. It installs with no problems. There's no Reading Life functionality, but it's a heck of a lot better than what's in the Market.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #40
Nigol
Groupie

Also only 2 fonts. But maybe people with a Vox could rip out the files of the newest one
Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #41
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Also only 2 fonts. But maybe people with a Vox could rip out the files of the newest one
Exactly. We're getting there. It's unfortunate we have to resort to these tactics.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #42
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I opened a topic on getsatisfaction.com/kobo about this. http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/topi...p_does_it_work
We received a formal response today in that thread.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #43
akuerz75
Enthusiast
akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.akuerz75 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch, Motorola Xoom
Quote:
We received a formal response today in that thread.
But the content is...... quite disapointing
akuerz75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #44
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuerz75 View Post
But the content is...... quite disapointing
I agree. We can continue to voice our disappointment in the misrepresentation on the Kobo website and in the Android Market. Those who feel the same way need to "speak up".
Old 11-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #45
SCION
Séduisant

Well, once again the iPad/iPhone app has been updated.

Quote:
What's New in Version 5.0

★ Kobo Pulse: Find out how hot your current read is, see who's reading the book with you and join the conversation!
★ Syncing Annotations: All your notes and highlights are now saved to the cloud, making them accessible across iOS devices
★ Customer-requested bug fix for bookmark syncing between the iOS app, Kobo Desktop app and Kobo Touch
★ Performance enhancements
We can't even get a simple tablet app in the Market. Why can't we get the app that's on the Vox or the Acer and Samsung tablets? This is bullsh*t.

Last edited by SCION; 11-04-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Tags
android, app, honeycomb, kobo, tablet, xoom