Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-18-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Media Library

Can someone with a Kindle tell me... is it possible to add stuff to your Kindle media library? For example, mobi books that I bought else where? What if you email to your kindle, does the file go into your media library?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I don't think so. I believe the Kindle only tracks your purchases through the Kindle store and the my clippings file which will keep track of notes, bookmarks etc. I know it hasn't uploaded anything that I've added to it, but I'll check the email angle and see if that does anything.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I just tried emailing a document and it did not show up in the media library. It doesn't look like there is a way to add anything to it.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There might be a way. I ran across this screen in my Kindle account. It will allow you to add media items you didn't purchase at amazon if you can provide an ASIN, ISBN or UPC code.

I don't know if you can items to the Kindle library specifically but you can add them to your overall media library. I've noticed that the overall library does include books I haven't purchased at Amazon, they were books I indicated I already owned in the recommendations list.

Maybe someone with some mobi books who owns a Kindle can experiment.

ETA: On second thought, if you want to upload a book from another source to be able to store it at Amazon for future download, I don't think this will do it.

Last edited by daffy4u; 05-19-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: additional information
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote