Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #121
PatGIV
Connoisseur
PatGIV began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 & 2 ea. of T2
Bought it

yesterday as a backup to the T1. What is the procedure for transferring books from T1 to T2? Would assume it isn't to difficult...
PatGIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #122
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
That's a pretty sweet deal on Tiger Direct. Just wish the Canadian one had something similar. For that kind of price, yeah, it's worth it just as a backup!
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2014, 10:53 PM   #123
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The screen was "fried"? How did you diagnose that a power surge had caused the problem? The overwhelming majority of screen issues are caused by a simple mechanical breakage of the glass substrate of the screen.
Sorry, the 'fried' term was a euphemism (like 'toast'). Both times I had the dreaded broken substrate. That's what I meant with the reference to a 'fragile' screen. Never dropped either, always was in a cover (Sony folding cover), would carry it against a book or folio if in a bookbag, sometimes in a cargo pants pocket, but 2 of them bit the dust.

As a short follow-up, have been using a T1 that was laying around because I like the touchscreen aspect. But, I really don't like the android os, don't need wifi, miss the PRS+ features (couldn't figure out how to display a clock on the status bar while reading, apart from installing a 3rd-party reader app!), got freezes when (accidentally) tapping a word, or just random freezes, etc. (Yes, even did a hard reset back to stock and reloaded books, to no avail.) I really prefer the single-function book-reading configuration of the 650/350 and earlier models.

So, I went ahead and got *another* nice used 350 on ebay, with Sony cover, for $30. It's my favorite form factor, and doesn't have the glitches of the T1. Gonna treat this one nice too, and hope it lasts!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #124
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Gonna treat this one nice too, and hope it lasts!
I suggest you take the device out of the case and see just how flexible the case is. Traveling in cargo pants pockets means that unless the case is truly rigid (i.e. won't bend) over time you're going to stress the screen enough from bending that you'll be back where you started.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:49 AM   #125
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
YES! I currently have 3 operational readers and I'm trying to acquire at least 1 more 950 and then a few spare batteries. I love the 950 so much lol
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert