Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #256
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
FWIW, as we were beta testing, plugin users had to do factory resets. Uninstalling the plugin alone was not sufficient and problems were experienced until the device was reset. This was early on, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #257
allan175
allan175 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I will wait a bit too before updating, the Tweaks plugin is doing me fine at the moment!
allan175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #258
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have the plugin and I have updated with no problem (yes, I'm a techie person but my Kobo doesn't know it)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #259
novou
Pointed Pontification.
novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch (Black)
Ditto. No problem here even with the plugin installed (since it automatically disables itself if the version doesn't match.) I didn't use it to enable shelves though; maybe that's was a trigger for some?
novou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:15 AM   #260
blax
blax began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi,

Installing the last binary plugin works on my kobo touch, but installing from the binary built from git source does not (tweaks menu is not there). Does anyone have a clue why?
blax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 04:45 AM   #261
blax

Quote:
Originally Posted by blax View Post
Hi,

Installing the last binary plugin works on my kobo touch, but installing from the binary built from git source does not (tweaks menu is not there). Does anyone have a clue why?
Oops, I didn't see there was a version check, i'll check I'm running 1.9.17, but I think I'm not.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #262
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

I'm pretty sure the source in git is up to date. Maybe something with your development environment isn't right, such as the Qt compile flags.

You could try to edit /etc/init.d/rcS on the Kobo so it redirects nickel's output somewhere on the onboard storage and look through through it to see if you find something.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #263
blax

Thanks ah-,

Here's my log: I can see no trace of libtweaks.so:
Quote:
Originally Posted by log
ApplicationBase::switchTranslator::loading locale: ":/translations/trans_en_US" [4/1042]
Translator is empty! Do you have translation files for this locale?
sh: you need to specify whom to kill
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
void WebSyncScheduler::scheduleTimer() - No need to schedule a sync
You haven't called pageView yet
virtual void FSCheckThread::run() dbMalformed false fsCorrupted false
udhcpc (v1.17.1) started
Sending discover...
void WirelessWorkflowManager:nScanningFinished() some known networks in range, perhaps hidden ones... attempting to auto-connect.
udhcpc (v1.17.1) started
Sending discover...
Sending select for 192.168.0.47...
Lease of 192.168.0.47 obtained, lease time 43200
adding dns 192.168.0.254
void WirelessWorkflowManager:nHotspotTestComplete(boo l) URL Resolve Test: true
[N3SyncManager] -- User is Authenticated
-- [SyncThread] ID: 0x324ff460
SyncThread running, device is "KG3251603130F" "Mobile"
------- [SyncClient] ------ execute (Thread: 0x324ff460 )
void NetworkReplyObserver:nError(QNetworkReply::Netwo rkError) 1
webRequestFinished FAILED 1 "Connection refused"
-- [SyncThread] DELETED
------- [SyncClient] ------ ~SyncClient (Thread: 0x2eb23210 )
Although the file was installed.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #264
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

So just to be clear, you're still on 1.9.17? Even without the version check the plugin won't work with 2.0 since the Qt version seems to have changed.

Also, if the binary version works but the one you compiled doesn't there's something wrong with you build environment. If not everything matches the environment nickel was compiled in it won't load the plugin. I think there's one build flag for Qt that's required but that's not in the Kobolabs build scripts, you should find it somewhere in the beginning of this thread.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #265
blax

Thanks very much ah-, It worked with the new flag \o/.
Now I can start programming the beast.
Btw, does an irc chan exist for the project or for kobo programming ?
Old 07-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #266
ah-
Connoisseur

Great to hear that, have fun!

And there's #kobodev on freenode, but it's rather empty.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #267
morgenman
morgenman began at the beginning.

2.0.2 or 2.0.0 firmware

hello I am running 2.0.2(unsupported) firmware (it fixes a lot of bugs from 2.0) and was wondering if there was ANY way to get the tweaks working on my system.
morgenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #268
ah-
Connoisseur

Currently 2.0 is not supported, mainly because I'm busy with other things in life. Quite a lot changed since 1.9.17, so it's more work than just recompiling it.

Also I think that the toolchain at https://github.com/kobolabs/Kobo-Reader might not be up to date with the newer Qt version used in 2.0, so that would be the first step.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #269
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Plugins for Firmware 2.x

I've started working on the plugins for the 2.x firmware.

So far Qt 4.8 is compiled and the qtscript plugin is already working on my kobo with 2.1.1 firmware.

To get the plugin loaded Qt has to be compiled with some modifications for configure:

Code:
/home/mast/Development/kobo/tmp/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0/configure -I/home/mast/Development/kobo/fs/include -I/home/mast/Development/kobo/fs/usr/include -L/home/mast/Development/kobo/fs/lib -L/home/mast/Development/kobo/fs/usr/lib -release -no-accessibility -system-libmng -no-nis -no-cups -no-xshape -no-xrandr -no-xkb -no-xinerama -no-xcursor -no-sm -system-libpng -system-libjpeg -no-libpng -qt-zlib -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -no-qt3support -exceptions -opensource -no-pch -qt-freetype -qt-gfx-qvfb -confirm-license -dbus -ldbus-1 -nomake examples -nomake docs -nomake translations -nomake examples -nomake docs -nomake demos -scripttools -xmlpatterns -no-opengl -depths all -qt-gfx-transformed -no-armfpa -no-neon -openssl -lrt -I/home/mast/Development/kobo/fs/include/dbus-1.0 -I/home/mast/Development/kobo/fs/lib/dbus-1.0/include -D QT_NO_QWS_CURSOR -DQT_NO_QWS_QPF2

Next steps:

- analyse new layout elements
- modify tweaks plugin to match the new layout.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #270
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
A rather nice person on the Aura thread recommended installing the tweaks plugin, but I've seen no evidence it works with 2.4.1, let alone has been tested on the Aura. Could anyone speak to this? Factory resets sound a wee Cliff daunting.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote